ROM Hack Question Any risk on using (just) checkpoint via SX OS on a clean sysNAND?

crimsonnight

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Title says it all really, I want to copy my Let's Go Eevee save over from my emuNAND to my sysNAND via SX OS (I have the cart) - obviously I want to keep my sysNAND clean, so is this safe to do?

Darkrai27

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
No, using homebrew always leaves traces in your logs, so you will get banned sooner or later, if you want to modify your saves use your emuNAND

Zonark

Zonark - Noun - A God
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I mean in theory a trace is left regardless now I would like to point out make sure you have stealth mode activated (on by default)

dcx6723

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That's what I assumed as I would solely be running checkpoint and copying a save for a game I already own - but others are saying it'll leave a trace?
Been doing that for a year now, be sure that stealth mode is enabled anyway, you can sync it to the cloud in OFW after.

wiewiec

Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Title says it all really, I want to copy my Let's Go Eevee save over from my emuNAND to my sysNAND via SX OS (I have the cart) - obviously I want to keep my sysNAND clean, so is this safe to do?

I read that one user get ban, since he have 2 consoles and inject splatoon saves from 1 console. I am angry about Nintendo, because hiding that basic function like local saves by pay wall is full of shit.

crimsonnight

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Been doing that for a year now, be sure that stealth mode is enabled anyway, you can sync it to the cloud in OFW after.

Cool, this is what I was looking for - someone who's tried it already and can confirm it's caused no issues - cheers :)

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I read that one user get ban, since he have 2 consoles and inject splatoon saves from 1 console. I am angry about Nintendo, because hiding that basic function like local saves by pay wall is full of shit.
The save's coming from the same console + user so hopefully that mitigates any chances

Tere Valentin

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There is NEVER a safe way. If you mod savefiles and the console itself in ANY way, they WILL be detected and your account AND console will get perma banned.

simsimsim

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
There is NEVER a safe way. If you mod savefiles and the console itself in ANY way, they WILL be detected and your account AND console will get perma banned.
I have been using SX OS since its release to import/export saves, using cheats and mods etc, and last time i went online (last month) i was still not banned...when i am in CFW i am always offline with stealth mode turned on.
So the statement that you WILL BE BANNED for modding is, to put generously, greatly exaggerated. If you dont pirate games and do stupid things like play online in CFW, it is definitely NOT guaranteed that you will be banned, let alone immediately when those traces are detected by Nintendo.

Last edited by simsimsim,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: Thank you based Dinoh.