Question Any risk on using (just) checkpoint via SX OS on a clean sysNAND?

Discussion in 'Switch - ROM Hacking, Saves, Translations & Tools' started by crimsonnight, Jul 11, 2019.

1. crimsonnight
    OP

crimsonnight GBAtemp Fan

Jan 9, 2008
    Title says it all really, I want to copy my Let's Go Eevee save over from my emuNAND to my sysNAND via SX OS (I have the cart) - obviously I want to keep my sysNAND clean, so is this safe to do?

2. Darkrai27

Darkrai27 Member

Newcomer
    Aug 21, 2018
    Spain
    No, using homebrew always leaves traces in your logs, so you will get banned sooner or later, if you want to modify your saves use your emuNAND

3. crimsonnight
    OP

crimsonnight GBAtemp Fan

Jan 9, 2008
    It's not about modifying saves, I want to link my save to Pokemon Home when it's out >_<

4. masagrator

masagrator File digger

Oct 14, 2018
    Poland
    It's the same in any case of manipulating saves.

5. dcx6723

dcx6723 Member

Newcomer
    Mar 24, 2016
    France
    Boot SX OS CFW over OFW and copy your save, no risk at all.

6. crimsonnight
    OP

crimsonnight GBAtemp Fan

Jan 9, 2008
    That's what I assumed as I would solely be running checkpoint and copying a save for a game I already own - but others are saying it'll leave a trace?

7. Zonark

Zonark Zonark - Noun - A God

Jul 11, 2010
    United States
    I mean in theory a trace is left regardless now I would like to point out make sure you have stealth mode activated (on by default)

8. dcx6723

dcx6723 Member

Newcomer
    Mar 24, 2016
    France
    Been doing that for a year now, be sure that stealth mode is enabled anyway, you can sync it to the cloud in OFW after.

9. wiewiec

wiewiec GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Dec 24, 2015
    Poland
    Somewhere
    I read that one user get ban, since he have 2 consoles and inject splatoon saves from 1 console. I am angry about Nintendo, because hiding that basic function like local saves by pay wall is full of shit.

10. crimsonnight
    OP

crimsonnight GBAtemp Fan

Jan 9, 2008
    Cool, this is what I was looking for - someone who's tried it already and can confirm it's caused no issues - cheers :)

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

The save's coming from the same console + user so hopefully that mitigates any chances

11. Tere Valentin

Tere Valentin GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Nov 21, 2015
    United States
    There is NEVER a safe way. If you mod savefiles and the console itself in ANY way, they WILL be detected and your account AND console will get perma banned.

12. simsimsim

simsimsim Member

Newcomer
    May 16, 2018
    Canada
    I have been using SX OS since its release to import/export saves, using cheats and mods etc, and last time i went online (last month) i was still not banned...when i am in CFW i am always offline with stealth mode turned on.
    So the statement that you WILL BE BANNED for modding is, to put generously, greatly exaggerated. If you dont pirate games and do stupid things like play online in CFW, it is definitely NOT guaranteed that you will be banned, let alone immediately when those traces are detected by Nintendo.

Last edited by simsimsim, Jul 11, 2019