Any reliable place to get a replacement DualShock3 battery?

Discussion in 'PS3 - Console, Accessories and Hardware' started by Cyber Akuma, Feb 11, 2016.

1. Cyber Akuma
    OP

Cyber Akuma GBAtemp Regular

Mar 12, 2009
    United States
    So, the same model seems to be everywhere, ebay, Amazon, DX, various random sites, everywhere. Some claim it's "authentic" when it's clearly not.

The issue I have is..... is there anyway I can get a reliable battery? Li-ion batteries are one thing I really DON'T want to mess with due to how dangerious a cheap one can be, and I have seen reviews on some of those sites where people complained it dies after a few minutes, or stopped taking a charge anymore after a few months, the rated capacity is a flat out lie, or even that they get very very hot.

Sadly, Sony doesn't sell the batteries separate, and I am not going to buy another $60 controller just to replace the battery.

Does anyone know of a place I can buy a reliable replacement battery for the DualShock3 controller?

2. migles

migles Mei the sexiest bae

GBAtemp Patron
    migles is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Sep 19, 2013
    Saint Kitts and Nevis
    my dad works for nintendo.
    i am having this problem as well, i wanted to replace the battery on my dualshock 3... howeever, since it has a problem on the L3 button (and the controller acting crazy sometimes) i will try to get a new one..

and seriously, 60 bucks for a controller... (and ps4 controller being 70) is too much...