Any Region Changer Semi-Brik need help

Discussion in 'Wii - Emulation and Homebrew' started by davetheant, Sep 11, 2009.

Sep 11, 2009
  1. davetheant
    OP

Newcomer davetheant Newbie

United States
    Any Region Changer semi-bricked my wii (i changed the video mode on accident), and now whenever I try to run any homebrew I get no signal on my TV. Also when I try to start homebrew channel the screen goes crazy and I can't see anything clearly. I tried reformatting twice, and even upgraded from 3.4 to 4.0. I have BootMii, but I can't really get that to help with anything. And finally, whenever I start bannerbomb, I lose signal on my tv :[

Please Help Me

2. Ossot

Member Ossot GBAtemp Fan

United States
    If you have bootmii, just restore your nand. And formating your Wii does nothing except erase all your saved games.

I hate people who read guides.

3. davetheant
    OP

United States
    i dont think i backed up my NAND lol... but if i did.. how do i restore it? just go to the icon showing an arrow going to the wii? becuase that doesnt work :/

4. tryNkillME

Newcomer tryNkillME Member

Canada
    damn man haha u basically either need preloader or bootmii running boot2. from there you also need homebrew working if you do not have access to your nand..

if you did backup your nand it will be a simple fix. if not and you had homebrew working it would be 15 minutes to unbrick it. believe me i did it twice haha just for the video footage to help people like u out.
    now for your case where u dont have a nand and dont have homebrew and dont got preloader,...... its not looking good.

5. davetheant
    OP

United States
    well thanks anyways.. i tried 2 different 'unbrick fix' discs, that supposedly boot in my rescue menu, but they never boot for me. I can get on the rescue menu, is there anything else i can do?

6. davetheant
    OP

United States
    well thanks anyways.. i tried 2 different 'unbrick fix' discs, that supposedly boot in my rescue menu, but they never boot for me. I can get on the rescue menu, is there anything else i can do?

7. davetheant
    OP

United States

8. Neversoft

Member Neversoft GBAtemp Regular

United Kingdom
    Have you tried component cables and a decent TV? Doesn't sound like you're bricked, just sounds like your TV is choking on a PAL signal.

9. davetheant
    OP

United States
    good idea. I only have regular cables, and im using them through an AV switch box. I'm gong to try goinngi directly into my TV's. I have a 60'' samsung LCD HDTV and a 17'' COBY LCD HDTV