PS1/2 Any recommended devices for copying PS2 saves to PC and vice versa?

RedRose30

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi everyone. I know that there are devices that would let me do this (I'm pretty sure code breaker can but I'm not completely sure), but I want to know which one works the best. And most importantly, if it's compatible with windows 10. My PS2 is not hacked in any way, if that makes a difference.

Thank you.

RedRose30

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
PS3MCA tools and official PS3 memory card adapter.

But, really, you should install Free MC Boot on a memory card so that you don't need a PC to back up savedata.
I do have a PS3 mca, and I do have drivers installed that makes it compatible with the PS1 memory cards. Would that also make it compatible with PS2 memory cards? If it does, I don't know which programs to use to be able to copy saves back and forth from the computer.

I also want to be able to get saves from websites (gamefaq from example), and copy them to my memory card, so PC is essential for me.

I could most likely figure out how to install mc boot/ulaunchelf, but I'd still rather just buy a device that would let me do that easily, or use my PS3 adapter.

migles

All my gbatemp friends are now mods, except for me
Trophies
XP
Country
China
well there is also the memor32 card
it is a 32mb ps2 memory card with a usb port
however you need to use drivers and the memor32 software
it works fine in windows 7, the driver they use is from this website: http://www.ftdichip.com/
but i am not sure about windows 10 though..
the team that did this card basically vanished, i have one myself, but don't have a ps2

anyway i suggest you to install free mc boot (it's softmod installed in your ps2 memory card, no need for chips or stuff), there is homebrew that let you copy the saves in the ps2 to a usb stick

uyjulian

Homebrewer
Trophies
Website
sites.google.com
XP
Country
United States
I do have a PS3 mca, and I do have drivers installed that makes it compatible with the PS1 memory cards. Would that also make it compatible with PS2 memory cards? If it does, I don't know which programs to use to be able to copy saves back and forth from the computer.

I also want to be able to get saves from websites (gamefaq from example), and copy them to my memory card, so PC is essential for me.

I could most likely figure out how to install mc boot/ulaunchelf, but I'd still rather just buy a device that would let me do that easily, or use my PS3 adapter.
I think that that should be fine.
ps3mca-tool supports PS2 memcards.

YOU DON'T NEED TO PAY FOR ANYTHING ELSE. FreeMCBoot/uLaunchELF can do it all.

Last edited by uyjulian,

The Frenchman

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada

I personally use the MCA and PS3 to transfer saves to USB sticks and thento the PC and then from PC to USB stick then PS3 and then back to the PS2 memory card through the MCA.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/MddR6PTmGKg?si=mU2EO5hoE7XXSbSr