Any *recent* Gamecube backup improvements?

Discussion in 'Wii - Backup Loaders' started by zektor, Jul 1, 2009.

Jul 1, 2009
  1. zektor
    OP

Member zektor GBAtemp Maniac

United States
    Since I have had the Wii all I have been dabbling in is of course Wii backups. I installed cMIOS some time ago and never really got around to testing an actual Gamecube backup. Well, today I tested the only backup I have, which is "Crazy Taxi". I used to love this on the Dreamcast, and figured it would be great to give it a whirl on the Wii. Anyway, I used the latest WiiGator (v.0.02 I think) and while the game runs just fine, there is absolutely no music. I also tried the latest Neogamma (R5) and it couldn't get past the beginning load screen. I took a look at the compatibility Wiki, and someone has stated that the game "runs fine". Not necessarily if you cannot rock out to the "Crazy Music"...as the narrator states [​IMG] Any fix or update to this? Or am I out of luck?

2. rustybanana

Member rustybanana GBAtemp Fan

United Kingdom
    Sadly games that have streaming audio dont work 100% as in no ingame music. I fould this with both Wave Race and 1080 [​IMG]

3. raulpica

Supervisor raulpica With your drill, thrust to the sky!

Italy
    The only way is to get a Modchip which supports GameCube AudioFix, I guess.

4. rustybanana

Member rustybanana GBAtemp Fan

United Kingdom
    Yep, Im just sticking to buying the titles I want, They dont really cost much these days and games like Zelda WW are well worth the money [​IMG]

Im not about to go anywhere near my epoxied wii with a soldering iron! Flatmii and softmod do me fine [​IMG]