Any *recent* Gamecube backup improvements?

Discussion in 'Wii - Backup Loaders' started by zektor, Jul 1, 2009.

1. zektor
    OP

zektor GBAtemp Maniac

Nov 29, 2005
    United States
    Since I have had the Wii all I have been dabbling in is of course Wii backups. I installed cMIOS some time ago and never really got around to testing an actual Gamecube backup. Well, today I tested the only backup I have, which is "Crazy Taxi". I used to love this on the Dreamcast, and figured it would be great to give it a whirl on the Wii. Anyway, I used the latest WiiGator (v.0.02 I think) and while the game runs just fine, there is absolutely no music. I also tried the latest Neogamma (R5) and it couldn't get past the beginning load screen. I took a look at the compatibility Wiki, and someone has stated that the game "runs fine". Not necessarily if you cannot rock out to the "Crazy Music"...as the narrator states [​IMG] Any fix or update to this? Or am I out of luck?

2. rustybanana

rustybanana GBAtemp Fan

Jun 11, 2009
    UK
    Sadly games that have streaming audio dont work 100% as in no ingame music. I fould this with both Wave Race and 1080 [​IMG]

3. raulpica

raulpica With your drill, thrust to the sky!

Former Staff
    Oct 23, 2007
    Italy
    PowerLevel: 9001
    The only way is to get a Modchip which supports GameCube AudioFix, I guess.

4. rustybanana

rustybanana GBAtemp Fan

Jun 11, 2009
    UK
    Yep, Im just sticking to buying the titles I want, They dont really cost much these days and games like Zelda WW are well worth the money [​IMG]

Im not about to go anywhere near my epoxied wii with a soldering iron! Flatmii and softmod do me fine [​IMG]

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice