Gaming any reccomendations?

Kachoo

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hello all, i have a psp with custom firmware and all that and im just wondering which games will fit a 512 MB memory stick. I dont have much money to buy a new stick. i tied getting a adapter so i can use a 2gb microSD but the guy at futureshop said they dont sell it lol. so im just wondering what will fit in a 512 mb stick? thanks

delta123

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
not much . look for cso iso games. these are a list on my computer of the games that are under 500megs
Atari Classics Evolved (U) 32 meg
Disgaea - Afternoon of Darkness (U) 468 meg
Downstream Panic (E) - 150 meg
Exit 2 (U) ~ 100meg
Exit (U) - 150 meg
Patapon - 200meg (Recommend this game)
R-Type Tactics (J) - 150 meg
Sonic Rivals 2 (U) - 250 meg
Tales of the World - Radiant Mythologies (U) - 330 meg
Wipeout Pulse (U) - 250 meg (sort of recommend this game)

there are more games that are under 500 megs cso`d. but these are the ones on my computer

myuusmeow

Trophies
Website
google.com
XP
Country
United States
Some more:

Tony Hawk's Project 8 (Ripped, no music or videos) ~200MB
Space Invaders Extreme (full) ~90MB
Grand Theft Auto Liberty City Stories (No music, most voice acting) ~304MB
Grand Theft Auto Vice City Stories (No music, most voice acting) ~363MB (Pretty sure)

myuusmeow

Trophies
Website
google.com
XP
Country
United States
I've heard bad things about them, such as them not working with PRX stuff. I have CWCheat and Popsloader on 90% of the time, so that wouldn't work for me, right?

IBNobody

I try to keep myself amused.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
myuusmeow said:
I've heard bad things about them, such as them not working with PRX stuff. I have CWCheat and Popsloader on 90% of the time, so that wouldn't work for me, right?

I had the exact same hesitations before I bought these chips. "Lexar sticks are slow, and your PRX's won't work with them."

That may be true for smaller Lexar sticks, but these 4GB Platinum II sticks blow everything out of the water. They have a max read and write speed of 16MB/s and a BlackSpeed 2.0 rating of 900. (The fastest Sandisk I've seen was 600.)

I've been using them for awhile now, and I haven't had any trouble with CWCheat + CFE.

Word of warning, though: The 8GB sticks, like ALL 8GB sticks, are slower. They clock in at 385 or so. You need the 4GB ones.

joe_gamer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
myuusmeow said:

I don't know about Lexar's not working with certain things....I do notice it slows down on some games. I'd go with SanDisk. Right now Costco (US) has an excellent deal on 4GB SanDisk's for $30 USD. Maybe Canada has the same deal....I assume there are Costcos in CA.

joe_gamer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
IBNobody said:
myuusmeow said:

I had the exact same hesitations before I bought these chips. "Lexar sticks are slow, and your PRX's won't work with them."

That may be true for smaller Lexar sticks, but these 4GB Platinum II sticks blow everything out of the water. They have a max read and write speed of 16MB/s and a BlackSpeed 2.0 rating of 900. (The fastest Sandisk I've seen was 600.)

I've been using them for awhile now, and I haven't had any trouble with CWCheat + CFE.

Word of warning, though: The 8GB sticks, like ALL 8GB sticks, are slower. They clock in at 385 or so. You need the 4GB ones.

Don't know....the concensus around the web seems to be about the same....they're slow. Awesome if it works for you, but definitely slow for most people. I got mine a Fry's too.

IBNobody

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
joe_gamer said:
IBNobody said:
myuusmeow said:

Don't know....the concensus around the web seems to be about the same....they're slow. Awesome if it works for you, but definitely slow for most people. I got mine a Fry's too.

I'm sorry... I missed your slowdown comment.

I get slow-downs on my two Lexars, but I also get the same slowdowns on my SanDisk 2GB. I was anal enough to compare the three cards. The slow-downs are a factor of what game you are running, if you're using CSO files, what compression your CSO files were generated at, and if you're running at 222MHz or 333MHz. If all things were set equal, the same slow-downs on the Lexars occurred on the SanDisk.

Did you have a game that had a slowdown on your Lexar but not on a SanDisk? If so, let me know, and I'll try it on my system.

joe_gamer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
For tennis, when you're playing a match. Puzzle quest, when there's alot of 'gem' movement. I'm currently playing God of War on a Ultra II SanDisk...no problems at all ... very smooth.

IBNobody

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
joe_gamer said:
For tennis, when you're playing a match. Puzzle quest, when there's alot of 'gem' movement. I'm currently playing God of War on a Ultra II SanDisk...no problems at all ... very smooth.

I don't have access to Virtual Tennis, but I did grab PQ. So far, I haven't seen it load anything from a memory card during a match. I haven't gotten a heroic effort, though. I'll keep playing.

My God of War plays smooth in ISO format, but lags on all my cards in CSO format. The game natively runs at 333. Did it not play well on your Lexar?

xcalibur

Gbatemp's Chocolate Bear
Trophies
XP
Country
That dragonballz game was about 400 megs compressed.
I can't remember since it was a while since I had a PSP.

I suggest you save up though, 512MB or 1GB isn't enough to enjoy the PSP fully.
Get a 2 gig card and look into PS1 emulation.

Kachoo

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Haha thanks guys, all the reccomendations is really helpful. it seems that i need more memory to enjoy the psp more? haha i guess ill go get that, thanks!

AishunBao

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
myuusmeow said:

Since 3.90 M33-2, Lexar memory sticks can run plug-ins perfectly. I was sad that I couldn't run FF9 on my Lexar because I needed popsloader but then update 2 came quickly and saved my life.

Also, I've never observed any outstanding gameplay slowdown on my 4 GB Lexar so far.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: I hate myself