W hat

Rhythm Heaven Fan
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've read the stickied guides, but...

A lot of sticky threads would need an update now that all version works with homebrew launcher and it's easier to code homebrew.
It takes time to check and update all the guides.
I hope @deformyer could take some time to update his post.

I'm getting quite a bit of conflicting information. One guide says to stay on 5.3.2 because it works with Loadiine, but is that still the best advice?

How can I launch games that require 5.4 or 5.5.x on 5.3.2? Do I have to use Loadiine / Loadiine GX? Any way to load retail discs that come with higher Wii U firmware?

derkiederk

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
There is no reason to update right now, no games require higher than 5.3.2.
By updating you would literally just be patching exploits and limiting your choices for no good reason.

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I've read the stickied guides, but..I'm getting quite a bit of conflicting information
When I say lot of sticky are outdated, I'm talking about the homebrew development, preparation, etc.
Now homebrew are released, these thread were created when homebrew didn't exit yet, and it was a preparation for developers and information how to launch them from an outdated exploit.

Now homebrew can be launched directly from homebrew launchers.

5.3.2 is fine, if not better. Each version work, but they have different memory access and free memory region.
5.3.2 has better compatibility if you want loadiine, due to more memory.

no games require higher than 5.3.2.
Some games requires 5.5.x for the electronic manual, but I don't remember if the meta folder is working at all in loadiine. So there's no need to update.

Reactions: mooglazer and W hat

MikeXY

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
When I say lot of sticky are outdated, I'm talking about the homebrew development, preparation, etc.
Now homebrew are released, these thread were created when homebrew didn't exit yet, and it was a preparation for developers and information how to launch them from an outdated exploit.

Now homebrew can be launched directly from homebrew launchers.

5.3.2 is fine, if not better. Each version work, but they have different memory access and free memory region.
5.3.2 has better compatibility if you want loadiine, due to more memory.

Some games requires 5.5.x for the electronic manual, but I don't remember if the meta folder is working at all in loadiine. So there's no need to update.

Good to know, im new to this hacking.
I am now on 4.1.0, but have orderd a game with 5.3.2. Then I will not spoof to higher firmware so 5.3.2 it is :)

About the electronic manual in games: How do you access it ?

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
press Home button and select manual.
Some games have the option in-game to launch it (like Xenoblade chronicles X)

Mario Maker can't access it if you are on a version < 5.5 as it contains a new format (epub, or something like that)

Reactions: W hat and MikeXY

MikeXY

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
press Home button and select manual.
Some games have the option in-game to launch it (like Xenoblade chronicles X)

Mario Maker can't access it if you are on a version < 5.5 as it contains a new format (epub, or something like that)

Alright, thanks for the reply!

I was wondering about the manual, how they work (hacked mode) when playing Mario Kart 8, but dident manage to find it.

Thanks again!

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
the manual doesn't work with loadiine.
The console "see" miimaker or SSB (based on the launch mode you selected), and display the corresponding manual.
when you press Home button, you see the "current game name" and "icon" are the one from the "launch mode" and not the game you are currently playing.

When I talked about Mario Maker, It was when using the official game on a 5.3.2 spoofed 5.5
if you are on 5.3.2 the manual (from mario maker) will not work because 5.5.0 added a new manual format.
If you are using loadiine, it will load the manual matching the "launch mode" (mii maker, ssb, art atelier, karaoke)

Reactions: MikeXY

MikeXY

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
the manual doesn't work with loadiine.
The console "see" miimaker or SSB (based on the launch mode you selected), and display the corresponding manual.
when you press Home button, you see the "current game name" and "icon" are the one from the "launch mode" and not the game you are currently playing.

When I talked about Mario Maker, It was when using the official game on a 5.3.2 spoofed 5.5
if you are on 5.3.2 the manual (from mario maker) will not work because 5.5.0 added a new manual format.
If you are using loadiine, it will load the manual matching the "launch mode" (mii maker, ssb, art atelier, karaoke)

Alright I see, thats what I was thinking,that it would not work in Loadiine.
Thanks a lot for the clarification Sir :)

Reecey

Mario 64 (favorite game of all time)
Trophies
XP
Country
I have noticed a massive benefit staying on FW532. The new exploit that was released for 551, if you use this with 532, ie payload532.html format with Ampps, it is really stable as in never fails for me! so yes I would say that is a great benefit because of this.

fiveighteen

Distractible Dabbler
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How can I launch games that require 5.4 or 5.5.x on 5.3.2? Do I have to use Loadiine / Loadiine GX? Any way to load retail discs that come with higher Wii U firmware?
Spoof to 5.5.1 with WUP Installer and your disc games that require 5.4.0/5.5.X will play fine.

Reactions: W hat

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: @salazarcosplay yeah cod's still up