Hacking Any reason to stay on 2.2.0

lpoolm

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
My sister gave me an old 3ds to hack, been struggling but only just noticed it is on 2.2.0?
IS there any reason to remain on this low level or have all them advantages long gone and I should just update to the latest firmware?
Thanks

zoogie

playing around in the end of life
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Micronesia, Federated States of
My sister gave me an old 3ds to hack, been struggling but only just noticed it is on 2.2.0?
IS there any reason to remain on this low level or have all them advantages long gone and I should just update to the latest firmware?
Thanks
The 4th number in your firmware is critical to tell you what method to use. ex. 2.2.0-4

That particular firm is only available from certain carts like Super Mario Land 3D. It isn't valuable, but hacking it on that firmware first would be easier than updating to the latest (11.11.0-43, if Europe), then hacking.

Last edited by zoogie,

lpoolm

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
The 4th number in your firmware is critical to tell you what method to use. ex. 2.2.0-4

That particular firm is only available from certain carts like Super Mario Land 3D. It isn't valuable, but hacking it on that firmware would be easier than updating to the latest (11.11.0-43, if Europe).

thanks, I have a R4i+ card so normally pretty easy.
Was not bothered about value more if there was an advantage to keeping it genuine low.
It is running 2.2.0-0E
Thanks

zoogie

playing around in the end of life
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Micronesia, Federated States of
thanks, I have a R4i+ card so normally pretty easy.
Was not bothered about value more if there was an advantage to keeping it genuine low.
It is running 2.2.0-0E
Thanks
Ok, update to the latest firm and follow this guide.
https://3ds.hacks.guide/
You'll be doing ntrboot most likely, unless it isn't compatible somehow.

Last edited by zoogie,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: I hate myself