Hacking Any reason to NOT update from 3.2 to 4.1?

pitweasel

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've performed various soft mods over the course of the last five years, and my Wii is pretty much a software Frankenstein at this point. I have to remove the SD card to boot it, USB Loader GX freezes the console on launch, and now the Multi Mod Manager won't install any .wad files (error -2011). All of these are problems that did not exist upon initially hacking.

Instead of trying to chase down each individual problem, I'd like to use ModMii to just re-hack the console. But one of the first options is "which menu version do you want to upgrade to", with 4.1 being the lowest.

Is there any good reason that I should pursue each one of my problems one by one instead of simply using MM to upgrade and re-hack?

AwesomeMarioFan

RiiConnect24 Dev
Trophies
Website
awesomemariofan.com
XP
Country
United States
Honestly, the only thing I see different is the available exploits, it's actually easier to hack 4.3U than earlier versions. You also have to make sure you don't install any incompatible system menu themes. In my opinion, at that point I would probably do a fresh reset anyway since system menus under 4.0 don't support transferring channels & saves to/from the SD card.

If you plan to pursue them one by one:
- Removing SD Card to Boot: You can probably fix this by Preparing the SD Card again with the HackMii installer, since it is most likely caused by a bad boot.elf on the SD card.
- USB Loader GX Freezing: You can try updating the version of it, or installing d2x CIOS over your old one, since that one seems to work for me.
- MMM not installing WADs: Make sure you are installing to IOS36, are sure that CIOS is installed correctly, and that you tried another WAD Manager such as Yet Another WAD Manager.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    it wasn't a question, it was fact
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    He said he had 3 different doctors apt this week, so he prob there. Something about gerbal extraction, I don't know.
    +1
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    bored, guess i'll spread more democracy
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    @K3Nv2 one more time you say such bs to @BakerMan and I'll smack you across the whole planet
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Make sure you smack my booty daddy
    +1
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    telling him that my partner is luke...does he look like someone with such big ne
    eds?
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    do you really think I could stand living with someone like luke?
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    I suppose luke has "special needs" but he's not my partner, did you just say that to piss me off again?
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    besides I had bigger worries today
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    but what do you know about that, you won't believe me anyways
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @BigOnYa can answer that
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    BigOnYa already left the chat
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Biginya
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Auto correct got me, I'm on my tablet, i need to turn that shit off
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    With other tabs open you perv
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I'm actually in my shed, bout to cut 2-3 acres of grass, my back yard.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I use to have a guy for that thanks richard
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I use my tablet to stream to a bluetooth speaker when in shed. iHeartRadio, FlyNation
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    While the victims are being buried
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Grave shovel
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Nuh those goto the edge of the property (maybe just on the other side of)
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    On the neighbors side
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yup, by the weird smelly green bushy looking plants.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://www.the-sun.com/news/10907833/self-checkout-complaints-new-target-dollar-general-policies...