GBATemp OldFag
OP
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States
Questions in the title, I don't use 4.5 and mset so I see less of a reason to keep my old 3ds when I have a new 3ds. I do have gateway I'm just not really well versed in whether or not an old 3ds has and hardware benefits or software benefits. Thanks for your time

Loaffy

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
What? Emunand works on old 3ds? I thought it didn't work

Gateway hasn't made it work yet (or at least haven't released an update) but Roxas got it working pretty quickly and seemingly easily a while ago, and you can boot 9.6 emunand with rxTools.

Reactions: VinsCool

Oishikatta

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What? Emunand works on old 3ds? I thought it didn't work

Well gateway doesn't work with it yet, but it exists. Gateway will probably have an update within the next couple weeks for old 3ds. Unless they're doing something stupid like quitting and cashing out now that n3ds is blocked for a while...

Reactions: VinsCool

VinsCool

Persona Secretiva Felineus
Global Moderator
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Canada
Gateway hasn't made it work yet (or at least haven't released an update) but Roxas got it working pretty quickly and seemingly easily a while ago, and you can boot 9.6 emunand with rxTools.

Well gateway doesn't work with it yet, but it exists. Gateway will probably have an update within the next couple weeks for old 3ds. Unless they're doing something stupid like quitting and cashing out now that n3ds is blocked for a while...

Thanks to both replies. That's what I wanted to know.

Blueie

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Questions in the title, I don't use 4.5 and mset so I see less of a reason to keep my old 3ds when I have a new 3ds. I do have gateway I'm just not really well versed in whether or not an old 3ds has and hardware benefits or software benefits. Thanks for your time
With O3DS you can access eShop via emuNAND to download latest game patches and downloads, which you can then cia-ify and install to your N3DS. Also, O3DS on 4.5 = DSiware and NTR 1.0 (ie: screenshots, cheats and plugins on GW). But you don't use 4.5, so...

Deleted member 361703

GBATemp OldFag
OP
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States
With O3DS you can access eShop via emuNAND to download latest game patches and downloads, which you can then cia-ify and install to your N3DS. Also, O3DS on 4.5 = DSiware and NTR 1.0 (ie: screenshots, cheats and plugins on GW). But you don't use 4.5, so...
So to my understanding they changed the keys or more or less they way its encrypted starting with 9.5 and 9.6 was the full integration. If the n3ds gets emunand support then I see no reason even if it doesn't happen soon to keep my other console. I could at least get a 2ds instead that would save me as my old xl cost 170 and I would like to return it and get some games maybe. Also to other posters with karl3ds being developed I'm not concerned with emunand it will be worked out eventually and if it doesn't I'll probably grab a 2ds so that I get the best of both worlds. Unless gateway releases something amazing for o3ds users I can't justify it

Blueie

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
So to my understanding they changed the keys or more or less they way its encrypted starting with 9.5 and 9.6 was the full integration. If the n3ds gets emunand support then I see no reason even if it doesn't happen soon to keep my other console. I could at least get a 2ds instead that would save me as my old xl cost 170 and I would like to return it and get some games maybe. Also to other posters with karl3ds being developed I'm not concerned with emunand it will be worked out eventually and if it doesn't I'll probably grab a 2ds so that I get the best of both worlds. Unless gateway releases something amazing for o3ds users I can't justify it
That should work. Or, if you don't mind waiting and having to depend on others, you could skip buying a 2DS and resort to installing updates from cias people uploaded to the web instead.

Deleted member 361703

GBATemp OldFag
OP
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States
That should work. Or, if you don't mind waiting and having to depend on others, you could skip buying a 2DS and resort to installing updates from cias people uploaded to the web instead.
Im just not sure whats the best option really...I will have store credit so likely I will either sit on my extra xl or return it for a 2ds so I can spend the rest on games. I just though about it and if gateway can help someone bust the n3ds as wide open as the old 3ds is then I would rather get games. I will swear off all other when that happens

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://youtu.be/ngNaUaQOfPU