Hacking Any reason to install both Multi-Mod-Manager and Dop-Mii?

glitch44

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
If I have Multi-Mod-Manager installed, is there any reason to also install Dop-Mii?

I'm unclear what different functions each provides?

PPSainity

Blinded by Science
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Well, they don't take up any space on the Wii, just your SD Card or USB HDD, but nothing on the NAND. Unless you are hard up for space, just keep them. If you want to know more about each app, take a look at their websites, MMM, and Dop-Mii.

Essentially all of Dop-Mii's functions are in MMM, but sometimes Dop-Mii is updated earlier, which comes in handy for example when new IOS revisions are released.

-[]D

thesund0g

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
MMM does more stuff. It's a combination of other tools, including Dop-Mii. Dop-Mii is probably more reliable at the things it does, and it gets updated more frequently. Keep 'em both on yer SD card; I do. Just don't bother with the "WeeBrew edition," it's been neutered.

kylster

mich weich töten
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
keep MMM for wads, priiloader, ios etc... use Dop-Mii to install any new system updates and channels you need or want; installing system menus with dop-mii will automaticly check if you have the required IOS to run the new System Menu and prompt you to install it.

Dop-Mii v13 is great for Fake Signing, Trucha Bug, Nand Access patc

Dop-Mii Wiibrew Edition is great for installing non patched IOS and new System Menus

MMM is your swiss army knife but i would still keep all 3 i do as i find it necessary to use Dop-Mii v13 when i need certain patches on any IOS

And i use the Wiibrew Edition since can use IOS58+ method which is direct hardware acces
smile.gif
to install any uptodate non patched IOS and System Menus...

thesund0g

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
kylster said:
And i use the Wiibrew Edition since can use IOS58+ method which is direct hardware acces
smile.gif
to install any uptodate non patched IOS and System Menus...

Sorry bud, but IOS58 has nothing to do with direct hardware access. It's used for USB 2.0 support, which is unnecessary for...well...any of the tasks here (unless you were installing a LOT of game WADs, yet you're somehow averse to using a cIOS to do it.)

You're thinking of AHBPROT, man.

All of this IOS58/AHBPROT madness started back when TT decided to add support for both in the same rev of HBC; people got the two confused and it's been a mess ever since.

Also, both versions of Dop-Mii do unpatched IOSes just fine.

kylster

mich weich töten
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
that's typically what + means after IOS58 seeing as that is how it is displayed w/in the app LoL but from my understanding ios58+ was direct hardware access w/o the need of a patched IOS....

tueidj

I R Expert
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
The funny thing is direct hardware access has been around for ages, via dvdx... but nobody took any notice of it until wiibrew said they wouldn't support cios apps any more.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: https://gbatemp.net/profile-posts/163064/