Hacking Any reason not to buy a Supercard DSTwo?

Haloman800

a real gril
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm really on the fence of buying one. I hear the GBA emulation is iffy (But only on select games, like Pokemon or Golden sun), I haven't heard anything about DS games. I'm using an Acekard 2i atm.

Is it worth the price?

Vulpes Abnocto

Not Dead Yet
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If I was in the market for a new cart, this is the one I'd be getting.
The price is actually very similar to what I've spent on my three previous carts.

Haloman800

a real gril
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So far, it looks like I'll be getting one. It's not even that much. 34.95 at 0shippingzone.

If you're wondering the reason I'm getting a new one is because my nephew got his DS stolen, so I'm giving him my cart so he won't have to wait for one from China,

...And I miss playing GBA games on my DS lite ;_;

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There aren't any reasons not to buy a Supercard DSTWO in my opinion. I'm enjoying it A LOT. Every favorite, new DS game that I play works without any problems.

GBA Emulation can be described as: Low-Medium compatibility.

SNES Emulation can be described as: Medium-High compatibility.

Compatibility of DS Games: 99% (there are probably 5-20 NDS games that have problems or won't work...out of...what....5 thousand DS games to choose from?)

Well, I don't think I would know the answer because I got my DSTWO for free
tongue.gif

trumpet-205

Embrace the darkness within
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
To me, ONLY buy DSTWO if you are interested in,

* Real time functions
* GBA/SNES emulation (if you have a DSi or DSi XL)
* Upcoming video player

If you are the type of person who just want to play DS games, I can't recommend DSTWO to you at this point. We are in the late DS cycle. While it is true it can play most games right of the spot, many major titles can be found patched online, so it can be play on all flashcarts. Before people start yelling at me, yes I do own a DSTWO. I have tried it and in the end it serves as my secondary flashcart. I primarily use Acekard 2i due to simplicity.

Warrior522

"In all things, balance."
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
trumpet-205 said:

* Real time functions
* Upcoming video player

If you are the type of person who just want to play DS games, I can't recommend DSTWO to you at this point. We are in the late DS cycle. While it is true it can play most games right of the spot, many major titles can be found patched online, so it can be play on all flashcarts. Before people start yelling at me, yes I do own a DSTWO. I have tried it and in the end it serves as my secondary flashcart. I primarily use Acekard 2i due to simplicity.

I'm confused(want to buy a SCDS2 myself); what do you mean by QUOTEI primarily use Acekard 2i due to simplicity.
What's so complicated about the SC2?

trumpet-205

Embrace the darkness within
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Warrior522 said:
What's so complicated about the SC2?

What I mean is that AKAIO is more user friendly and simpler in terms of function.

QUOTE(Zetta_x @ Oct 15 2010, 10:16 AM) A downside is low battery duration on GBA emulation.

Actually, DSTWO consumes more power even when playing DS games. It shaves about 2 hours of gameplay when I use it in DSi XL on second low brightness.

keine

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
trumpet-205 said:

* Real time functions
wink2.gif

* Upcoming video player

@ trumpet-205. I'm confused trumpet, why DSi or DSi XL for GBA/SNES? I'm using mine on a DSL? Am I missing something here? Please elaborate for me, i'm interested.

Know, OP, that the SNES/GBA functions are not perfect yet. However, I have replaced my acekard w/ the supercard, as I really like the SNES/GBA functionality, and its pivotal for me. Oh! and on the side it plays all NDS just fine. imo, its really the ultimate flashkart. if we ever get some additional SDK emu's/apps and supercard iron out the SNES some more, it will be a powerhouse (or already is) I have been told that GBA is not 100%...but I don't really know/tested this, nor have I used the config.txt addition on GBA. when reviews say "working", you should ask "how fast". (katamari damancy!!!!! nana!......)

oh and btw. Animal Crossing runs full speed. def a must buy. plus, it feels more sturdy and professional than the acekard. the default user interface is kinda lame, but quickly changed i supposed.

WaffleDee

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
trumpet-205 said:
What I mean is that AKAIO is more user friendly and simpler in terms of function.

I really don't get how you think DSTWO isn't user friendly
mellow.gif
All I do is select a game to play it, and then I just have to press R+L+X (my combo) if I want to open the realtion menu.
What's complicated about that?

Rayder

Mostly lurking lately....
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
In my opinion, if you MUST buy a flashcart, the SCDS2 is the only practical choice. There are cheaper carts, and you could go with one of those if you're strapped for cash, but if you have the money, you can't go wrong with the SCDS2.

Haloman800

a real gril
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thank you all, I'm minutes away from placing my order. However, I have a fre more questions

Real-Time save; Does this also support NDS roms? How do you trigger it?

I heard that if a ROM doesn't work it, it might with the config.txt file, could you please explain what these are and where to get them?

Have you found any DS games that don't work/have bugs?

samjef11

Trophies
XP
Country
trumpet-205 said:

* Real time functions
* Upcoming video player

That load of crap the DSTWO is best for ds game and future ds games with anti protection the dstwo will bypass this

keine

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
haloman800 said:
Thank you all, I'm minutes away from placing my order. However, I have a fre more questions

I heard that if a ROM doesn't work it, it might with the config.txt file, could you please explain what these are and where to get them?

if you are interested in better compat for gba games, you'll need this: http://filetrip.net/f12630-SCDS2Iplayer-GB...-txt)-v1-2.html
but don't quote me on that lenny, i've only just heard about it.

samjef11

Trophies
XP
Country
haloman800 said:

Real time is automatic i sure correct me if i am wrong all ds games so far work

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    @K3Nv2 what was your ps4 situation
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    did you always have a ps4 you never updated
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    or were you able to get new ps4 tracking it \
    as soon as the hack was announced
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    or did you have to find a used one with the lower firm ware that was not updated
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I got this ps4 at launch and never updated since 9.0
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    You got a good chance of buying a used one and asking the seller how often they used or even ask for a Pic of fw and telling them not to update
  • RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars:
    Speaking of PLaystation. I see Evilnat put out a beta for PS3 CFW 4.91.2 on the 22nd.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Don't really see the point in updating it tbh
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yea you right, I thought about updating my PS3 CFW to 4.91, but why really, everything plays fine now. I guess for people that have already updated past 4.9 it would be helpful.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Idk if online servers are still active that would be my only thought
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Thats true, personally I don't play it online at all, in fact, I deleted all wifi details on it once I installed CFW, so it won't connect and auto-update itself
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I play most games that are on both PS3/360 strickly on the 360, but PS3 exclusives are really only games I play on the PS3 (You know me, I'm more of a Xbox junkie)
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Ps3 really has no titles worth going online
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    what is nps?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @K3Nv2, what about GTA v onl... O Yea the PS3 versión got discontinued
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I feel like the world's cheapest pc build can play gtaV
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    In modern standards
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @K3Nv2, then why mine can't?
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    @K3Nv2 What is nps you mentioned?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Because your pc has a hamster innit
    +3
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    R.I.P. LittleBigPlanet PS3 servers
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    LBP2 still the goat tho
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    That can be played on ps5 iirc
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I'm surprised any PS3 servers are still up, tbh
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Alot of manufactures do care about older consoles they just want to whine about piracy
    +2
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Alot of manufactures do care about older consoles they just want to whine about piracy +2