Gaming Any reason I shouldn't upgrade from phat to lite?

noob killer

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Hi. I've had my fat DS since, 2004 or 2005 I guess. It's been handy to me, but obviously it's time to retire the one I have, as the top screen doesn't work, and the touch screen is messed up.

I was thinking of getting a DS lite in favor of it's smaller size, as the original DS can be quiet bulky. I never owned or played aLite before though. Is it basically the same with just better brightness settings? How do the speakers and volume sound compared to the original?
I liked the DS' clicking buttons, but I could probably find the Lite's controls fine.

Is there any particular differences you spotted besides case size? How is the brightness setting anyways?
hey man i started with the phat and upgraded to the lite to dsi then 3ds, i didn't really care for the bulkiness of the phat. the lite is an alright little system the display is a bit better but i dont like the feel of the lite if ur accepting suggestions id go for dsi i really enjoyed the feel of it.and the brightness settings for it. or go for a 3ds with its reverse compatibility and good screen and alright speakers

noob killer

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Edit - But id have to agree with other posts, if you save up a bit more you can just get a 3Ds which plays ds games, there only 169.99 meaning you only need to come up with a hundred dollar's, 200 for a 3Ds XL which I will soon have. So you don't really even need a 3Ds game for now, though no gba ports so thats a bummer lol.
virtual console??

Byakko3

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Point is...
Go for the:
DS Lite if you: still play GBA Games/Have a repository of DS Games/Have a flash cart/Just got the new Pokemon Game.
DSi if you: don't play GBA Games/Have a repository of DS Games/Have a compatible flash cart/Just got the new Pokemon Game..
3DS if you: don't play GBA Games/Have a repository of DS Games/Have a compatible flash cart/Just got the new Pokemon Game/Have extra cash...

Um... so now that's done... doth ye play Pocket Monsters?

VMM

Hamon > Stand
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Rofl, to be honest, the only Pokemon I've been playing is Pokemon Blue on Goomba out of sudden interest of playing it again.

I recommend you into playing Pokémon Heartgold or Soulsilver.
They're outstanding remakes, and you will see a hyge graphical and sound difference from the ones you are playing

Lemmy Koopa

M3 Perfect fanboy
OP
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
Rofl, to be honest, the only Pokemon I've been playing is Pokemon Blue on Goomba out of sudden interest of playing it again.

I recommend you into playing Pokémon Heartgold or Soulsilver.
They're outstanding remakes, and you will see a hyge graphical and sound difference from the ones you are playing

I've always had an "8-bit nerd charm" disease (ex: I play the NES SMB3 over SNES/GBA SMB3), but I might give it a try. I also had the GBC versions on Goomba Color but it's mostly strictly just Pokemon Blue right now.

VMM

Hamon > Stand
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I've always had an "8-bit nerd charm" disease (ex: I play the NES SMB3 over SNES/GBA SMB3), but I might give it a try. I also had the GBC versions on Goomba Color but it's mostly strictly just Pokemon Blue right now.

Have you tried Pokémon Yellow?
It's one of the best pokémon games in my opinion.
And it looks to be the perfect game for you.

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Red/Blue < Yellow.

I really enjoyed the palette work as well as the sprites in this one, it's how GB cross GBC games should be made. My first Pokemon game ever... :D

Lemmy Koopa

M3 Perfect fanboy
OP
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
I have

Have you tried Pokémon Yellow?
It's one of the best pokémon games in my opinion.
And it looks to be the perfect game for you.

Red/Blue < Yellow.

I really enjoyed the palette work as well as the sprites in this one, it's how GB cross GBC games should be made. My first Pokemon game ever... :D

I have Yellow on Goomba Color as well. I suppose I'm playing them lately for nostalgia reasons as well. I just noticed that the most I'm playing right now happens to be Blue.

noob killer

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Point is...
Go for the:
DS Lite if you: still play GBA Games/Have a repository of DS Games/Have a flash cart/Just got the new Pokemon Game.
DSi if you: don't play GBA Games/Have a repository of DS Games/Have a compatible flash cart/Just got the new Pokemon Game..
3DS if you: don't play GBA Games/Have a repository of DS Games/Have a compatible flash cart/Just got the new Pokemon Game/Have extra cash...

Um... so now that's done... doth ye play Pocket Monsters?
dstwo??? gba compatible with dsi and 3ds

Janthran

Solarian
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Go buy a 3ds thats the best machine nintendo ever invented to the world
Most DS games look horrible on the 3DS.
I don't get why everyone insists on DS games being horrible on 3DS.
I play DS games on my 3DS all the time and I think it's an improvement over DS.
Try turning power saver on/off, it might help.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: @SylverReZ, Indeed lol