Any Reason I should not Upgrade to 11.8?

Discussion in '3DS - Homebrew Development and Emulators' started by KyoLikesTrees, Aug 14, 2018.

1. KyoLikesTrees
    OP

KyoLikesTrees Member

Newcomer
    Jun 17, 2018
    Austria
    I want to access the eShop on my main 3DS so I think I'm gonna update it. What i want to know before I do this, is there any reason i shouldn't do that? Afaik, Luma and NTR were the only broken Homebrew stuff and both were updated.

Also should I delete unused Tickets and should I reinstall titles that i downloaded with freeShop (bc it was faster than with eShop) which I own?

I know 11.8 only checks tickets during sleep download, but maybe in a future update they will "scan" even installed titles?

2. Lilith Valentine

Lilith Valentine GBATemp's Wolf-husky™ Embrace yourself

Sep 13, 2009
    Antarctica
    Many moons away
    FreeShop is actually slowly on the way out due to Nintendo's recent server changes. They've blocked access to first party games and chances are high that the rest will follow soon.
    Honestly if your system is already hacked, then there's really no reason not to update to 11.8

KyoLikesTrees likes this.
  3. KyoLikesTrees
    OP

KyoLikesTrees Member

Newcomer
    Jun 17, 2018
    Austria
    Yeah I mean I just don't want to risk a ban.

4. Lilith Valentine

Lilith Valentine GBATemp's Wolf-husky™ Embrace yourself

Sep 13, 2009
    Antarctica
    Many moons away
    Staying on lower OFWs has actually already been proven to not be an effective measure of ban-prevention. Nintendo did setup a method to check games being installed via sleep mode, but we really don't quite understand how Nintendo actually goes about banning people. Regardless you will always run the risk of being banned for hacking your system, that's just the nature of the game.

Last edited by Lilith Valentine, Aug 14, 2018
    KyoLikesTrees likes this.
  5. KyoLikesTrees
    OP

KyoLikesTrees Member

Newcomer
    Jun 17, 2018
    Austria
    Well okay then I'm gonna do the update now. Thanks for replying.

Itzumi likes this.