Any possible way to unbrick Acekard2i?

Discussion in 'Acekard' started by mullenlegend, Aug 19, 2009.

Aug 19, 2009
  1. mullenlegend
    OP

Newcomer mullenlegend Advanced Member

United States
    The update bricked it and I was wondering if there is any possible way to unbrick it? I tried it on my DSi and i had version 1.3. I had the file I updated it and it said 100% complete, reboot. I did, and then nothing. It said nothing was in my DSi. Anyway to unbrick it?

2. DeltaBurnt

Member DeltaBurnt I'm bored

United States
    Just one reason to not run unofficial files that mess with your flashcarts firmware.

3. Jakob95

Suspended Jakob95 I am the Avatar

United States
    I will tell you for free actually I don't need your money. There are 2 ways of fixing this problem.

1st: http://www.realhotstuff.com/acekard-free-shipping-p-321.html

2nd: Get a DS lite and when you downloaded the update there were 2 files in it right one for DS lite and one for DSi put the one that is for DS lite into your MicroSD then put the Acekard 2i into the DS lite and update from the DS lite. I think that will work since you just updated a part of the bootloader and you don't need that part for the DS lite.

4. mullenlegend
    OP

United States
    For your first option I would rather buy off DX its like $13 for one with free ship.

Second Option, I will try that when I find a DSL. [​IMG]

5. DeltaBurnt

United States
    If the acekard2i itself is bricked sticking it in a DS Lite won't work you need to be able to get to the menu and run the update (as I've heard even if you don't it still wouldn't work).

You can try but I garuntee you it won't work (and if it does then I'll owe you one cookie). And shame on your jakob for trying to charge him!

6. Deeje

Newcomer Deeje Member

Australia
    I think you need an extra unbricked AK2i to unbrick a bricked one. As said, by sticking the DSL update file on the UNBRICKED Acekard, you can update that one, and immediately update the bricked one afterwards, as you can with the DSL file. That should unbrick it... I hope.

Good Luck [​IMG]

7. Chris_Skylock

Member Chris_Skylock GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Philippines
    get a friend's acekard 2i and get a ds lite and open the DSL file and eject the first acekard 2i then insert your acekard 2i without powering off the DS Lite.

8. Tokiopop

Member Tokiopop Caffeine fiend

United Kingdom
    Who said the update is unofficial?

9. DeltaBurnt

United States
    Tons of people, I've seen one or two that say it is official but ehhh if I were you people I'd still rather wait for Acekard to say there IS a fix (not saying it's there's cause of copyright) and it's completely safe (and they'd have to put like a few winks right here).

10. Another World

Former Staff Another World Emulate the Planet!

Colombia
    take it from me, its official. acekard can not officially say it is theirs as it contains a commercial rom with a new exploit. if i'm idle in an irc chan with norm and smiths and norm posts a link and tells me its the update, its the update. if you are worried about something then just get the file from someone who has used it already. or come to #acekard on the gbatemp irc network and ask for a link to the update.

perhaps this will help....

-another world

11. Bitfarb

Newcomer Bitfarb Newbie

United States
    Is there a way to get this fix to work using a DSPhat, Acekard2, and bricked Acekard2i? I'm guessing the answer is probably "no", but I thought I'd ask anyway.
    I've been trying anyway, with no luck. I can get it to the "push start" screen just fine and it seems to be reading the card enough to tell me the 2i's info (chip id:0fc2 HW:8181), but when I push Start it just sits on 0% (unless I remove the card, then it speedily finishes at 100%).
    I'm starting to think the thing is just completely dead.

12. mullenlegend
    OP

United States
    Ok my friends have Ak2i. One has a DS Lite too. So what do I do? I get my micro SD and put it in there Ak2i? Update it... then when it is done eject it and put my acekard in? I am so lost..

13. nadoon

Banned nadoon Banned

United Arab Emirates
    I can help you [​IMG]. Easy. Just get your friends ak2i, put the update labeled DSL on HIS micro SD. Then run it. It will update his. (Even if already updated from before.). Then since you put the DSL labeled one, It will ask you to swap with another ak2i. Then insert yours, update it, and it should work. [​IMG] Good Luck with it! Need help? Contact me! [​IMG]

14. urashimakun890

Newcomer urashimakun890 Member

United States
    So if there are two files: one for dsi and one for ds... I apologize if this is a stupid question but I think I bricked by ak2i (though not entirely sure just most likely it is) and I don't have another ak2i and out of all my friends I am the only one with a nds flashcart can I use R4ultra to update for the ds?

15. Chris_Skylock

Member Chris_Skylock GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Philippines
    yes, you can use any flashcart as long as you eject it at the right time. it worked before but im not sure. I used the DSi files on my DS phat and I got mine working with no bricking

just use the DSL version for this method