Homebrew Any possible way to merge Emunand with Sysnand?

Ruiji

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have to send my main n3DSxl in for repair, so I'm wondering if it was possible to move the Emunand data onto the Sysnand before/after repair, assuming they don't just outright replace it. Details:

Main n3DSxl:
  • 9.2 sysnand, 11.something emunand
  • Nothing on the sysnand
  • Both screens are dead, but it still turns on so I can navigate fixed menus or menus with sound.
  • I just want to move all my games, saves, streetpass, activity log, etc off of emunand and onto sysnand
  • If I can't use cfw/homebrew anymore, that's okay
  • I wouldn't send it in with the microsd
I also have a spare o3DS that can be homebrewed if that's any use at all. Anything I could possibly do or am I completely out of luck?

ThisIsDaAccount

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Unless you can boot up the 3DS with the emunand I think you might be out of luck.

Edit: You could buy another n3DS XL and switch the motherboards, then you can access it normally.

ThisIsDaAccount

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think I can get the emunand to load, but probably not consistently enough.
If you can, try to replace the boot.3dsx on the sd card with the .3dsx for decrypt9 and dump a ctransfer of your emunand. Then you can just back up the Nintendo 3ds folder and flash the ctransfer to another console.

Ruiji

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can I flash the ctransfer to the same console after it's been repaired, or would it not be possible without homebrew? Also, would you know where I could get screenshots of the decrypt9 menus?

ThisIsDaAccount

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can I flash the ctransfer to the same console after it's been repaired, or would it not be possible without homebrew? Also, would you know where I could get screenshots of the decrypt9 menus?
You can flash it to the same console. I'm not sure where to get decrypt9 screenshots though. You might want to try their thread.

Ruiji

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So just checking to make sure I understand:

Delete boot.3dsx, add decrypt9's 3dsx (on the emunand or the sysnand?), use decrypt9 to dump a ctransfer of the emunand, back up the regular Nintendo 3DS folder, then flash the ctransfer somehow to my repaired n3ds/a replacement n3ds, and if all goes well I should my emunand's everything on the n3ds/a replacement n3ds's sysnand?

ThisIsDaAccount

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So just checking to make sure I understand:

Delete boot.3dsx, add decrypt9's 3dsx (on the emunand or the sysnand?), use decrypt9 to dump a ctransfer of the emunand, back up the regular Nintendo 3DS folder, then flash the ctransfer somehow to my repaired n3ds/a replacement n3ds, and if all goes well I should my emunand's everything on the n3ds/a replacement n3ds's sysnand?
Correct. If you had menuhax installed to your system, then replacing the boot.3dsx will make you boot straight into decrypt9 to enable your to back up your ctransfer. Take note that the process takes some time. If you do it correctly, ctransfer.bin or something like that will be in the files9 folder on your sd card.

Also, to boot up decrypt9 correctly, remember to put the key files on your sd card.

Ruiji

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
One last question, how would I flash the ctransfer on? Would I need to get decrypt9 somehow on the repaired 3ds?

Ruiji

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If my n3ds is on 11.x, that means I have to hardmod/do the dsiware thing to be able to use decrypt9 on it, right?

Ruiji

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Alternatively, would it be possible for me to system transfer onto a n3DS? I do have some homebrew stuff (including an injected H&S) on my emunand, so would that affect anything?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: good night