Hacking Any possibility of listening to audio while playing games?

Haloman800

a real gril
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'd like to be able to listen to one of my books on tape while playing a DS, GBA SNES, or NES game.

Is this possible? If so, please explain what to do.

Thanks.

Haloman800

a real gril
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The reason I ask a question is because I don't know the answer, it wasn't rhetorical.

I knew I'd get some sarcastic answers. I'm still grateful for the them, but the failed attempt at humor isn't needed.

Thanks.

Terminator02

ヽ( 。 ヮ゚)ノ
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i remember this question coming up somewhere else

the reason the PSP can do it is because it constantly runs a firmware ontop of the game it's playing, with the DS multitasking just doesn't happen, i don't think it will with the 3ds either

nl255

Trophies
XP
Country
Terminator02 said:

the reason the PSP can do it is because it constantly runs a firmware ontop of the game it's playing, with the DS multitasking just doesn't happen, i don't think it will with the 3ds either

No it doesn't. The PSP does it by loading a custom module along with the game. The DSTwo could do it, if you could figure out a way to get the sound from the DSTwo's CPU to the DS's speakers without slowing down the emulated cart reads (as there is only so much bandwidth in the DS slot, which would have to be shared between audio and cart reads).

Terminator02

ヽ( 。 ヮ゚)ノ
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
nl255 said:
Terminator02 said:

No it doesn't. The PSP does it by loading a custom module along with the game. The DSTwo could do it, if you could figure out a way to get the sound from the DSTwo's CPU to the DS's speakers without slowing down the emulated cart reads (as there is only so much bandwidth in the DS slot, which would have to be shared between audio and cart reads).
o.O i'm pretty sure that's what I heard someone else say, although i could be wrong, but that sounds interesting, maybe it could work on slower games like brain age etc...

Fishaman P

Speedrunner
Trophies
Website
twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States
You could do that from the DS's launch. Just plug a male-male headphone jack all the way into your tunes and half-way into your DS. Game sound + music playing through DS at same time! YES, this DOES work.

Terminator02

ヽ( 。 ヮ゚)ノ
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Fishaman P said:
You could do that from the DS's launch. Just plug a male-male headphone jack all the way into your tunes and half-way into your DS. Game sound + music playing through DS at same time! YES, this DOES work.
the point is to have the DS itself play the music so you wouldn't need an mp3 player

BassAceGold

Testicles
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Rydian said:
BassAceGold managed to make a screenshot plugin for the DSTwo, but that's way less intensive than music playing, and it only works during DSTwo homebrew (as that runs on the card itself).

It is not a plugin that runs on top of or with anything. It is just some code that developers can add to their code to take screenshots of their apps. Nothing more.

Music while playing a game would be most likely impossible without wrecking the game. Once a DS game is loaded, that game gains control of all the hardware, which would cause conflicting issues for the Supercard to use the DS hardware as well to output audio.

Rydian

Resident Furvert™
Trophies
Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States
BassAceGold said:
It is not a plugin that runs on top of or with anything. It is just some code that developers can add to their code to take screenshots of their apps. Nothing more.
Ahh, never knew that, the way the DS2x86 author and you worded it made me think it was a plugin.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Stupid Chinese shop switched their shipping company and this one is slooooooow.
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    STOP BUYING CHINESE CRAP THEN
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    SUPPORT LOCAL PRODUCTS, MAKE REVOLUTION
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    THEY KEEP REMOVING LOCAL SHIt AND REPLACING WItH INFERIOR CHINESE CRAP
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    THATS WHY MY PARTNER CANT GET A GOOTWEAR HIS SIZE ANYMORE
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    HE HAS BIG FOOT AND BIG DUCK
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    d*ck i mean*
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    lol
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Mkay.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I just ordered another package from China just to spite you.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Communism lol
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    OUR products
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @LeoTCK actually good quality products are dying out because they can't compete with dropshipped chinese crap
    +2
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    @LeoTCK is your partner the sascrotch or smth?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Good morning
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Out of nowhere I got several scars on my forearm and part of my arm and it really itches.
  • AdRoz78 @ AdRoz78:
    Hey, I bought a modchip today and it says "New 2040plus" in the top left corner. Is this a legit chip or was I scammed?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    @AdRoz78 start a thread and post a photo of the chip.
    +2
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Yawn
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    and good morning everyone
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @BakerMan, his partner is Luke
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    Sup nerds
    +1
    Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy: Sup nerds +1