Hacking Any possibility of exploit on ipatched 8.0.1?

silverreis

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
So, I read the 8.1 was a no go. I just bought a NS and it came with a FW 8.0.1, should I give my hopes up and update or wait?

Kafluke

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It has nothing to do with the firmware revision. You have to find out if you're ipatched or not. If you are, you're out of luck. If you're not then you can hack all the way up to most current firmware (9.0 at the time of this post).

link42586

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It has nothing to do with the firmware revision. You have to find out if you're ipatched or not. If you are, you're out of luck. If you're not then you can hack all the way up to most current firmware (9.0 at the time of this post).
for ipatched switches it has everything to do with what firmware u r on. But yeah right now ur out of luck and the lower the fw the better in the long run on ipatched units. Ipatched switches can be hacked though. But I feel like 8.0.1 is too high for the hack to work but I could be wrong I cannot remember what the hack was called.

It's Déjà Vu and was patched out on 8.0.0 so yeah if it's ipatched and that high your out of luck. But if u want any hope in the future the lower the better. What we have now is probably not what we will end with in terms of hacks on the switch in the future.

Last edited by link42586,
Reactions: tabzer and KlariNoX

ZachyCatGames

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
8.0.1 will eventually be able to run basic homebrew, which should allow you to downgrade to 7.0.1 and eventually use Deja Vu. You’re going to be waiting for a looooooong time though.

Reactions: KlariNoX

8BitWonder

Small Homebrew Dev
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
To add to what @ZachyCatGames said; if you do plan to wait it out on 8.0.1 for an eventual downgrade then make sure you keep your switch offline.

Otherwise you'll end up with the 'supernag' which forces you to update before doing anything internet related. Which would lock you out of connecting to Pegaswitch.

Reactions: ZachyCatGames

Kafluke

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
for ipatched switches it has everything to do with what firmware u r on. But yeah right now ur out of luck and the lower the fw the better in the long run on ipatched units. Ipatched switches can be hacked though. But I feel like 8.0.1 is too high for the hack to work but I could be wrong I cannot remember what the hack was called.

It's Déjà Vu and was patched out on 8.0.0 so yeah if it's ipatched and that high your out of luck. But if u want any hope in the future the lower the better. What we have now is probably not what we will end with in terms of hacks on the switch in the future.
OP already said he was on 8.1 so I knew if ipatched deja vu wouldnt work. Trying to keep it simple.

KlariNoX

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
He was talking about Mariko here, but this also probably applies to patched/unpatched Erista consoles too (unless it involves Mariko specific code somehow)

That's awesome, I thought that only switches on 7.0.1 and lower would be able to ever run homebrew. This is great news!

Engezerstorung

Trophies
XP
Country
France
8.0.1 will eventually be able to run basic homebrew, which should allow you to downgrade to 7.0.1 and eventually use Deja Vu. You’re going to be waiting for a looooooong time though.

don't you seem to forgot fuse a little fast here? you cant boot into lower firmware with burnt fuse if you dont have a custom bootloader
and Deja Vu will need to be able to boot into a normal environment to function, why do you think some people keep their patched unit on low firmware? (since we could downgrade to any firmware we want?)

tldr : no you cant downgrade to enable some warmboot exploit

ZachyCatGames

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
don't you seem to forgot fuse a little fast here? you cant boot into lower firmware with burnt fuse if you dont have a custom bootloader
and Deja Vu will need to be able to boot into a normal environment to function, why do you think some people keep their patched unit on low firmware? (since we could downgrade to any firmware we want?)

tldr : no you cant downgrade to enable some warmboot exploit
7.0.x and 8.0.x share the same fuse count...

Reactions: Engezerstorung

ZachyCatGames

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
my bad then, i took for granded than such a jump would have a different fusecount
Yea, I could see how you would think that. And normally it is that way, but for whatever reason when they went from 7.0 to 8.0 they didn’t up the fuse count. Some people thought they were trying to make up for burning a bunch of fuses early on, but then they proceeded to burn fuses in both 8.1 and 9.0... so idk

heliox

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Thx for the info. So no use to cling to that low firmware? Any advantage i'm gonna miss if I update to 9.1.0?

tabzer

This place is a meme.
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
We aren't really sure of anything. The safest thing is do is to wait. However, if these modchips do come out and really are what is being talked about, then firmware shouldn't matter.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @SylverReZ, lol +1