Are you going to stay at 4.5?

• Total voters

andre104623

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well since the mother of all video's came out of gateway 3ds website is there any point of staying at 4.5 or 4.4 in my case. I would figure that you must be on 4.5 or below to update the gateway card it self but there installing .cia's on the sysNAND it seems that's something I really want. This video also makes me a little pissed at the same time because I went out of my way to find a 4.5 3ds besides my ugly pink 4.4 3ds just because gateway said "if your at 4.5 stay there" maybe there's something were not seeing or they wanted to make sure there kernal exploit worked on the newest firmware before telling everyone to update.

UPDATE: Gateway has emailed me back saying don't update because there are more benefits staying on 4.5 then 9.x what that means is beyond me but I'll take there word. I think don't fix what's not broken so I'm going to stay on 4.5 no matter what. Unless gateway drops support for 4.X later is the only reason I would think to update

Ra1d

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Why the hell would you buy a new 4.5 3DS, before even seeing what features the 9.2 update will have ?Let alone buying a new 4.x 3DS when they announced a 9.x support.

Also, why would you create this thread before they released the 9.x update ?It might be worth updating, or it might not.

Reactions: minexew

PhoenixWrightX

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Why are there so mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaannnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy threads talking about the same ole same ole?

Reactions: Bonny

andre104623

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Why the hell would you buy a new 4.5 3DS, before even seeing what features the 9.2 update will have ?Let alone buying a new 4.x 3DS when they announced a 9.x support.

Also, why would you create this thread before they released the 9.x update ?It might be worth updating, or it might not.
At the time gateway stated to stay at 4.5 if your there already that statement made me think there was going to be limits for 9.X support. Wouldn't you think the same thing reading what they stated

jonthedit

Trophies
XP
Country
Bangladesh
Someone is pissed off he bought a 4.x 3ds :lol:
NN3DS is only $132 too if you buy a new JP one from amazon!
Cheaper than most 4.5's on eBay too.
I know it, I bought a 4.5 for $110, but it was well worth the investment to start developing early.

andre104623

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Why are there so mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaannnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy threads talking about the same ole same ole?

It's not, The video is new before today we saw nothing from gateway about there 9.X support

andre104623

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Someone is pissed off he bought a 4.x 3ds :lol:
NN3DS is only $132 too if you buy a new JP one from amazon!
Cheaper than most 4.5's on eBay too.
I know it, I bought a 4.5 for $110, but it was well worth the investment to start developing early.
I really don't care much about the new model 3ds. It's cool looking but I'm not replacing my first gen 3ds's for the new model I really like the first 3ds's a lot. My son on the other hand really want's the new model but the price is high importing one that's NOT japan.

Tomy Sakazaki

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Brazil
I'm staying at 4.5 to have emunand support, this is the only thing that they hadn't showed at today's video.
A lot of things that I can do and that will bust the system menu (involving mainly the devmenu) will be sandboxed at emunand, while as far as we know, on 9.2 these alterations will be made to the actual 3DS system menu (sysNAND).
But the 9.2 is a good news to all of those that lost their chance to get a 4.5 3DS unit.

Reactions: poopypantz

Timburpton

Trophies
XP
Country
Me think that once 9.2 confirmed to supporting emunand, there will be no point in staying in 4.5. I think 9.2 exploit better since no need the ds profile corruption thing meaning can play ds game when you want without to do the gateway installer everytime.

andre104623

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Me think that once 9.2 confirmed to supporting emunand, there will be no point in staying in 4.5. I think 9.2 exploit better since no need the ds profile corruption thing meaning can play ds game when you want without to do the gateway installer everytime.
We dont know for sure yet. They showed us the card working on a new model 3ds that was already turned on we have no idea how it's triggered but there must be a trigger of some sort

Tomy Sakazaki

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Brazil
You can't decrypt games unless you are 4.5. The decryption launcher can only be launched outside of Gateway's closed environment, so if you want to decrypt your SD card or the ROMs you'll need to stay on 4.5.

Also this.
But most of end users won't be decrypting anything, so they'll update to 9.2 when (and if) it get emunand.
There's a nice reason to update to 9.2 if it gets emunand.

We dont know for sure yet. They showed us the card working on a new model 3ds that was already turned on we have no idea how it's triggered but there must be a trigger of some sort
Yes, but nintendo fixed the DS profile exploit, so if it's triggered by messing something on the 3DS it's probably other thing.

Timburpton

Trophies
XP
Country

Yes we know :glare: . The dsprofile corruption hack has been patched long time.

RenegadeKid

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Staying at 4,5, we never know what Ninty is preparing, and I guess it's not something good.

At least for now we know that we have full access at 4,5.

andre104623

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Also this.
But most of end users won't be decrypting anything, so they'll update to 9.2 when (and if) it get emunand.

There's a nice reason to update to 9.2 if it gets emunand.

Yes, but nintendo fixed the DS profile exploit, so if it's triggered by messing something on the 3DS it's probably other thing.

I know they fixed the ds exploit long ago. So there using a new entry point we all know this already but gateway getting kernal access by just inserting the gateway card is very unlikely

Queno138

Ravens
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
Well since the mother of all video's came out of gateway 3ds website is there any point of staying at 4.5 or 4.4 in my case. I would figure that you must be on 4.5 or below to update the gateway card it self but there installing .cia's on the sysNAND it seems that's something I really want. This video also makes me a little pissed at the same time because I went out of my way to find a 4.5 3ds besides my ugly pink 4.4 3ds just because gateway said "if your at 4.5 stay there" maybe there's something were not seeing or they wanted to make sure there kernal exploit worked on the newest firmware before telling everyone to update.

1. no one knows how safe it is to install .cia onto sysnand, especially if it's downloaded from external sites, or a bad conversion from users.
tinkering with sysnand is not recommended.
you should be able to back up your sysnand, but restoration is a bitch

2. the exploit ain't out yet.

3. support for 9.x may be buggy/less smooth

4. they haven't shown any save conversion solutions.
if you update to 9.x, your new games (that normally uses 7.x key) may become corrupted.
only cart2/nand games can bypass this using savedatafiler (extract all games on decrypted on 4.5, them inject on 9.x after you updated)
but non-cart2 won't have this luxury, without a solution from GW (or anyone else for that matter)

5. If you personally enjoy additional features,
it'll be modified launcher.dat on previous GW releases, which will be 4.x
I expect GW to make their latest version harder to crack.
(there's no guarantee they'll port "user added features", like what they did with devmenu)

6. sell the 4.5 to mt card users for extra cash, and buy a nn3ds.

Reactions: tjexp

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    NinStar @ NinStar: It will actually make it worse