Hacking Any point keeping a sony memory card around now that sd2vita is around?

xtreme1

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've got a 64GB card that I'm not really expecting to use anymore now that I have ordered a 256GB sd2vita. What are you guys using your official sony cards for, versus your original memory cards?

xtreme1

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You can have your microSD as ux0 and your Vita memory card as uma0.
One day, we might be able to move games to uma0 with saving still working.
Homebrew can also be programmed to work with uma0. For Adrenaline, you can store your PSP ISO files on uma0. I don't know about other emulators.
You could also store music, pictures, videos, and other files on there.
If you want to dump your own cartridge, you'll need a Vita memory cart for that.

If none of that interests you, just go ahead and sell it.
I might downsize microsds if I can get use my 64GB sony at the same time. What's this about moving games not working? If you install the game on uma0 to begin with its ok? but not ok to move it if you already have a save?

Tom Bombadildo

Dick, With Balls
Trophies
Website
POCKET.LIKEITS
XP
Country
United States
Most games in uma0 don't save properly. This is likely because games themselves don't recognize the path they're installed to (as some games do work properly in uma/ur0, but not very many), so games can't create/read save files.

You can use a homebrew to switch the mount points between the SD2Vita and official memory card on the fly though, so you can add games to both and just swap the mount points back and forth to play whatever game.

As to the OP, sure. If SD2Vita stops working, breaks, bricks, you'll always have an official backup that won't have issues. You can use it strictly for storing Adrenaline and PSP/PS1 games/Vita homebrew mounted as uma0, which is usually the accepted use for it.

Reactions: slaphappygamer

xtreme1

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Most games in uma0 don't save properly. This is likely because games themselves don't recognize the path they're installed to (as some games do work properly in uma/ur0, but not very many), so games can't create/read save files.

You can use a homebrew to switch the mount points between the SD2Vita and official memory card on the fly though, so you can add games to both and just swap the mount points back and forth to play whatever game.

As to the OP, sure. If SD2Vita stops working, breaks, bricks, you'll always have an official backup that won't have issues. You can use it strictly for storing Adrenaline and PSP/PS1 games/Vita homebrew mounted as uma0, which is usually the accepted use for it.
So even if you use the sd2vita switch the saves won't work for most games?

xtreme1

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Using the switch would make them work, as uma0 would switch mount points to ux0, where the games would be able to save properly.
Ah, so i'm guessing there's a way to get them to stay switched by default and just use the bigger card then? I'll try that out then.

xtreme1

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Alright, I'm up and running. I copied everything off of the sony memory card. I should be able to just format the sony card now right, now that i boot enso off of the sd card?

ShroomKing

Somebody
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
my 16gb sony memcard is filled up with my psp/psx games,

and my 128gb psvsd is filled up with vita games and some movies.

there def is a point in keeping the original card: in case something goes wrong and you'd have to setup everything from scratch, you can just use the sony memcard to do so and don't have to go through that mlthaku crap.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hke2YUirpf4 +1