Homebrew Any place to download TWLloader CIA files?

drag0nscythe

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I have recently tried to update to twilightmenu++ as I have been hearing it is far superior to TWLoader. I performed the uninstall and setup twilightmenu++ but now I have run into a problem. I have a DSTT card and want to run DS games off of it and it appears to not be working. I keep getting a white screen and it never loads. I tried to find guides on how to setup twilightmenu with a flashcart but I can find nothing and the wiki on twilightmenu github doesn't help much.

At this point I don't care and want to go back to TWLoader but the problem is I installed using the QR codes and that repo is gone now. The link on gbatemp to twloader is dead and the QR codes are broken. Does anyone know where I can find the CIA files for TWloader so I can start playing DS games off my flashcart again.

drag0nscythe

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok so I managed to load into Twilightmenu after copying the _nds folder and boot files onto the DSTT card. now however it always asks me to delete the file when entering the sdcard through the menu, I lose all touch capabilities and it claims the Card is not compatable even though the github says DSTT is compatable.

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It can also launch with twloader. I want to use the twl clock speed and higher hz for audio.
The dev Robz8 changed his username in Github.
In my previous attempts of using TWLoader long past its discontinuation, the app crashes when it tries to connect online and update stuff.

When you used TWiLight Menu++, did you update both app (v6.5.1) and launcher (v2.1.0) using the Instructions (Flashcard users, including DS Phat/DS lite)
at the thread?

I don't know if it does higher quality 48 kHz DSi audio but NTR Launcher can make flashcarts run at 133 mHz TWL clock speeds with:
  • sdmc:/nds/ntr_launcher.ini
Robz8 also mentioned in the NTR Launcher thread another directory:
  • smdc:/_nds/ntr_launcher.ini

I'm not familiar how to configure the settings for the *.ini but @Vague Rant has this to say about v1.9.9 of that app:

I'm having no luck at all changing settings with the /nds/ntr_launcher.ini file and version 1.9.9 on a 3DS. Here's what my file looks like, based on the version hosted on GitHub:
Code:
[NTRLAUNCHER]
DISABLEANIMATION = 1
HEALTH&SAFETY_MSG = 0
LANGUAGE = -1
NTRCLOCK = 0
ENABLESD = 0
TWLMODE = 0
RESETSLOT1 = 0
I can't really tell if the other features are working, but the most obvious one, disabling the animation, certainly isn't, as I see the DSi animation on every single launch regardless of what I do with the ini. The nds folder is on the root of the 3DS SD card, the ini is in that folder. This seems uncomplicated, so I'm not sure why I'm having problems. I've tried formatting the ini with both Unix (as on GitHub) and Windows line endings, but that made no difference either. Am I missing something here?

EDIT: It seems the 1.9.9 build is considered to be an "alt" build, so it's necessary to use [NTRLAUNCHER_ALT] in the ini rather than just [NTRLAUNCHER], which will be ignored.

drag0nscythe

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I found that guide you pointed me towards. This is why I'm under the assumption that twilight loader doesn't work with DSTT as the guide doesn't say it is a compatible flash cart.

Also, as long as I tell it to quick boot, it should skip all the online checking steps and work fine.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    S @ salazarcosplay: what are you currently playing?