Hacking Any Place to buy it locally in New York City?

blade85

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I want to buy a flashcart but i dont really want to buy it online as i dont have paypal and i dont want to give them my credit card information.

So does anyone know of a store in NYC that sells this stuff? Anywhere in NYC is fine i guess, preferably around manhattan but anywhere else is fine though

I know there is a topic under this that is almost the same but....... the question is still there

freakygeeky

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't understand people like you. Does technology scare you that much? There's more risk in giving your credit card to a waiter at a restaurant than there is with PayPal or any reputable merchant.

If a erroneous charge ends up on your card, call your credit card company and they'll remove it.

Hooya

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
yeah, I know someone that had their credit card info stolen by a pizza place. The cashier wrote down the guys number he gave over the phone and made a copycat card at home. The next day the guy found out that he had purchased about $200 in gas before the card company put a freeze on his card.

Order a cart from a reputable seller and you'll be fine. I don't know of any brick & mortar stores that sell this kind of stuff. Most of it is just a few people with a room full of boxes and a UPS account working from home anyway.

plasticmonkeys

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
plasticmonkey.deviantart.com
XP
Country
United States
I do know a place down by chinatown in manhattan, but they over charge you like.....let say the product was suppose to be around 30 bucks......now comes out to 100.
hey if you are planning to get a flashcart are you in a hurry, i also live in nyc but im waiting to pay off my creditcard first before i can start buying batches.
if you can wait i might be able to just get one for you, just be a bit extra you know? hahaha i need some money in my pocket too.
oh yeah sorry but if you want to know the store its called J&L game store down by Elizabeth Street and Canal Street

but yeah becareful......I just hate that store.....they overcharge you alot......like modding ps2, i mod ps2 for like 45-50 bucks....they mod ps2 for about 60-90 bucks.... and they overcharge most games abit.....and hardware....arg......but yeah if you really want it, its there

blade85

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah i went there today and i didnt find any flash carts there, they had supercards where u put it in the gba slot but no passmes or flashcarts

Ill prob just order it or something then. THe only reason i asked this is because i dont know if i can convice my parents to order something online, they are the ones who are "afraid of technology" not me. Trust me, they are "old school" and stray away from this kinda of stuff

So when i order it, should i give like a money order or give them the credit card info? Because i dont have paypal and i am sure they will not make one just for this, that is the main reason i wanted a store that sells it

jumpman17

He's a semi-aquatic egg laying mammal of action!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
yeah, I know someone that had their credit card info stolen by a pizza place. The cashier wrote down the guys number he gave over the phone and made a copycat card at home. The next day the guy found out that he had purchased about $200 in gas before the card company put a freeze on his card.

Order a cart from a reputable seller and you'll be fine. I don't know of any brick & mortar stores that sell this kind of stuff. Most of it is just a few people with a room full of boxes and a UPS account working from home anyway.

Wow...that sounds familiar.
shy.gif

Purchases made online are way more reliable then stores. Online shops have everything to lose if they get caught because they are out of business. It's not like Pizza Hut where all they have to do is fire someone and the world is happy and they still have 7000 stores around the US. Online, there is one store and if someone steals a credit card number there, their whole business is then avoided because of one person.

Harsky

Madmin
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I swear chinatown type places overcharges a lot. I can remember when Pokemon Gold/Silver was just coming out in the US and I was in Chinatown in London and they had Gold and Silver... for £50 each. So if the demand for a device that plays a lot of DS roms is high, then I wouldn't be surprised if the price is as well.

plasticmonkeys

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
plasticmonkey.deviantart.com
XP
Country
United States
But a supercard is a flash cart, but a slot-2 flash cart
are you looking for a slot-1 based flashcart? then im not sure they sell those there at all.
but a passme they have too.

but when you order, it depends
money order usually takes time and might get lost in the mailing process
with credit card it should be no problem since its pretty secure online unless you have loads of spameware on your computer then you should be a bit cautious

just find a reliable website to order from then it okay

blade85

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
yeah i mean i want a slot-1 not a slot-2

alright, ill check the stickies for a good site to order it from
smile.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum