Any pixel softwares

Discussion in 'NDS - Flashcarts and Accessories' started by NDSlinker, Mar 6, 2006.

Mar 6, 2006

Any pixel softwares by NDSlinker at 4:03 AM (1,965 Views / 0 Likes) 15 replies

1. NDSlinker
    OP

Newcomer NDSlinker Advanced Member

United States
    Ok..i tried fixing my pixel with stuck pixel fixer..and darnit..it didnt work. Is there any way i can fix that damn dead pixel. I flash'd my ds alredi..so yeah..dere goes the warranty.

2. skywarp

Member skywarp GBAtemp Regular

United States
    My brother tried using a GBA based pixel removing app, it didn't do squat. Left it on overnight one time each for both screens, and it didn't touch a single stuck pixel out of like the 7-9 he has.

3. MC DUI

Member MC DUI GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Australia
    I've never heard of anybody actually fixing a stuck pixel through using one of these programs, people always suggest them when people say they have one but I've never read anybody posting back that it worked.

Either live with it or if you're that worried about it return your DS, don't worry about flashme, if you're really worried just install the old firmware back on your DS.

4. cory1492

Member cory1492 GBAtemp Maniac

Canada
    For an NDS pixelfixer that has been reported to work on at least one NDS lower screen:
    http://nds.cmamod.com/Pixelfixer2.zip

Note, its not my app but I have lost the origional page link that was provided by the person who submitted it on Neo's forum.

There is also my earlier version of a similar app, which has also helped some get the stuck pixels working again (note that while mine was first produced the above one has a much better interface to deal with the settings)
    http://nds.cmamod.com/pixelFixerv2.zip

5. jumpman17

Former Staff jumpman17 He's a semi-aquatic egg laying mammal of action!

United States
    How exactly do you fix a dead pixel? If it was by accident never turned on, then yes, it could be fixed, but if it's dead, it's dead...

6. NDSlinker
    OP

Newcomer NDSlinker Advanced Member

United States
    Well mine got triggered when i forthe first time put a mario kart cartridge in there :/. So I think it is a stuck one.

7. cory1492

Canada
    Not everyone has the difference straight.

A dead pixel will be always black (off), a stuck pixel is turned always turned on, often only 1 color, sometimes white (all colors) though.

I have heard that with TFT screens you can manually "massage" the pixels into working, essentially the idea is that because an LCD screen has liquid in it, the stuck pixels arent getting the right amount of liquid. (I dont recommend this but...) What you do is hold down on the area that has the stuck pixel fairly firmly with a water damp cloth (but not so hard you break anything) and turn the unit on. When you remover your finger/cloth you will see that the liquid flowed differently (its kinda neat to actually see it, hard to explain though) and sometimes this gets liquid more evenly distributed.

Dont know if it works, but I can say it looks pretty cool when tried on a PSP.

8. WeaponXxX

Member WeaponXxX Too F'in Blonde

United States
    I have a stuck Red pixel, should I cycle all the colors or just the red one?

9. cory1492

Canada
    If its possible cycle black/red (red on, red off) although I know the one I made does not do that.

10. WeaponXxX

Member WeaponXxX Too F'in Blonde

United States
    The other one you provided will cycle red and black, how long should I leave it on? Its definatly a red stuck pixel. Havent tried your software should I try that, would it matter? Thanks in advance (THE PIXEL IS DRIVING ME CRAZZZZY)

11. XeNoGeaR

Member XeNoGeaR GBAtemp Fan

Netherlands
    i started to get epilepism

12. dirtyweasel

Newcomer dirtyweasel Member

United States
    You can probably return your DS (depending on where you got it from). I returned my DS Lite at Target and the women didn't even open the box. I got my money back very fast and easily.

edit: btw, I heard two incidents in which people sent flashed DS to Nintendo and got them fixed. I don't know if you want ot do that though. Nintendo isn't very strict. I've heard stories of people having thier original NES systems fixed despite the fact that they are about 20 years old.

13. leetdood

Member leetdood GBAtemp Regular

Canada
    Yeah, Nintendo seems to be friendly about this sort of thing. Kinda like a 'Boys will be Boys' thing...

14. blunty

Newcomer blunty Advanced Member

United States
    I can't get pixelfixer2 to work with my Supercard on my NDSL. Do I just copy the *.nds file straight onto my sd card and run it or do I need to patch it. I've tried both ways and niether seem to work. I just want to check for dead or stuck pixels.

15. nintendofreak

Member nintendofreak Around. Shoot me a PM.

United States
    You dont need to convert it with the program, just run the .nds file
    If theres a .ds.gba file, rename it to just .nds to run on the supercard (well it works for me when i do it)

16. blunty

Newcomer blunty Advanced Member

United States
    I ended up using the second link you provided (v2), for some reason, the 1st program just stays as white screens on my new NDSL w/ supercard. No dead pixels found [​IMG].