Gaming any pinball or spaceship side shooting games?

kleptodathief

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
please help,are there any shooting space ship side scrolling ds games?
how bout pinball games aside from metroid pinball?

thanks

Pliskron

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nanostray 1 and 2 are very good shooters for the ds. There is pinball of the dead for GBA, a very good game. There are a handful of pinball games for the ds. None as good as Metriod.

kleptodathief

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
thanks i'll check out nanostray, it looks nice! but old? 2008 gm

1.when is nanostray 3 coming out?

2.how bout any adult games, poker games?

3.bubble bath babes, hot slots, peek-a-boo poker rare DS games up to $1000?

thanks

thedicemaster

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
there's Pinball Pulse: the ancients beckon(DSiware) which is supposedly from the same guys as metroid pinball
for the rest there aren't any noteworthy pinball games. (they either have horrible physics engines, or make bad use of dual-screen)

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Metroid Prime Pinball is there, and there's a few DSiWare pinball games. For "space shooting" (which is like most shmups), there's Nanostray, Space Invaders Extreme, and a few non-space themed shmups like Zombie BBQ.

Rayder

Mostly lurking lately....
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Metroid Pinball is the best, but Dream Pinball is about the best after that. There's Flipper Critters, that's kind of a wacky take on pinball. The other pinball games were bad to abysmal. There's not much in the way of pinball games for the DS worth mentioning.
With shmups, you have a little more variety.

Nanostray 1 and 2. Exclusive DS shoot'em-ups. Very good graphics for DS games. High challenge level. Goes from 2.5D side-scroller action to 3D to fight bosses. They're pretty good games.

Konami Classic Arcade has the arcade Gradius, Rainbow Bell, Scramble and Time Pilot. Retro Game Challenge has some generic (but pretty decent) shmups in it. Namco Museum has the classic Galaxian and Galaga, as well as Xevious and Super Xevious. Retro Atari Classics has Asteroids, Centipede, Missile Command (these are remakes and not emulations, so they aren't the best, but I enjoy Asteroids) in it. You might also like Geometry Wars, XG Blast and Zombie BBQ.

Homebrew shumups: WarhawkDS and OpenTyrian. Warhawk is fast and frantic, but short levels with a boss at the end. OpenTyrian is an awesome port to the DS from the PC game Tyrian 2000. Customize your ship to combat the baddies! There are ohers, but those are the best.

Emulators....

NeoDS. A NeoGeo emulator that works well on DS and has a variety of different games to choose from, but converting the roms to those .neo files can be tricky if you don't know what you're doing. Runs even even better if you have a slot2 cart....like an EZFlash IV or 3in1. NeoGeo had a few good shmups.

jEnesisDS and SNEmulDS to replay old 16-bit shmups. There are plenty of various emulators for DS, all emulating much older systems of course.

There's lots of homebrew for DS that I didn't mention.......Google is your friend......

Even homebrew or emulation doesn't really give you much in the way of a good video pinball game on a DS. The DS itself doesn't really have a good range of either shmups or pinball games available, but at least homebrew and emulation gives you a few more choices, especially for shmups.

iamthemilkman

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Make sure you check out Ketsui Death Label. It's a shoot 'em up (shmup) and it's mostly all in English, so no problems there. My favorite DS game other than Little Red Riding Hood's Zombie BBQ.

Psyfira

Credit: 0ml. Insert tea to continue
Trophies
XP
Country
Pliskron said:
There is pinball of the dead for GBA, a very good game.
Seconded; Pinball of the Dead was awesome, definitely worth a look
smile.gif

kleptodathief

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
thanks for all the suggestions, as i only have the dsi XL i cannot play any GBA games with the acekard 2i?

warhawk looks good but crappy grafix, i wished they had a NEW modern day shooter game like that warhawk or a new nanostray 3,

i know the DS is mainly geared towards kids, and im a grown adult that is just a casual gamer, i just 'hoard' games
biggrin.gif
i don't actually play them

tk_saturn

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
R-Type rules, one of the best side scrolling Shoot 'Em Ups.

The last SNES version is pretty good, try an SNES emulator.

Otherwise check out Truxton 2/ Tatsujin II on Raine/ Mame, it's an awesome game.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    fluff663 @ fluff663: hoi