Any patches for Shin Megami Tensai GBA games?

Discussion in 'GBA - Console and Game Discussions, Help and Tips' started by Resident0, Sep 14, 2006.

Sep 14, 2006
  1. Resident0
    OP

Member Resident0 GBAtemp Fan

United Kingdom
    Someone was recently telling me about how amazing the Shin Megami Tensai games were on the GBA, and i just realised that they are only in JAP are there any US releases or translation patches out anywhere for the GBA versions, or is there no chance of getting to play them in english? [​IMG]

2. ShinaKitsune

Newcomer ShinaKitsune Advanced Member

United States
    No idea, there is patches for the NES/SNES versions of the megaten games though.

3. Resident0
    OP

United Kingdom
    I was playing Shin Megami Tensei on Snes9x PSP last night, runs perfectly!

Very atmospheric music with the headphones plugged in and a good plot too!

4. Orc

Member Orc ‎(ღ˘⌣˘ღ)

Hong Kong
    I'm very offended you mispelt Tensei as Tensai. lol
    The patch is kinda redundant since there are already patches for the SNES versions.
    Oh and a very great series ^-^ I still play the PS1 or GBA versions from time to time, might try out Snes9x on PSP too. [​IMG]

EDIT: I see you mentioned music. The SNES has superior music [​IMG] stick with it really.

5. Resident0
    OP

United Kingdom
    Whoa i got up to some dude at a terminal and then he changed into a massive monster and kicked my party's ass, have to do more levelling up!

Love the music still though! The battle theme is in my head now, im enjoying this game so much im looking for Shin Megami Tensei Nocturne on PS2 now!

6. gukid

Newcomer gukid Advanced Member

Canada
    I'm just hoping that since these are Atlus titles, and Atlus USA has really been actively supporting the GBA and localizing even older titles by other companies, that maybe they would consider picking these up.

7. alienhunger

Newcomer alienhunger Newbie

Philippines
    just wish atlus remakes this game on an english release just like what they did for the original persona...

what i have in mind though is i want to remake this game myself..namely turning everything into 3d and animating all....ofcourse that'll be 30 years from now :|

...sigh...dreams

8. Guild McCommunist

Member Guild McCommunist (not on boat)

United States
    Nice necro bump, bro.

The SNES versions are fully translated, or so I thought. Play them on an emulator or something (the DS one doesn't work well with them, but odds are the Wii one does).