Any particular reason why I cannot trade my pokemon from...

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by Thirty3Three, May 26, 2014.

1. Thirty3Three
    OP

Thirty3Three Musician Member

Mar 22, 2013
    United States
    Wherever you want me, baby.
    ... my legit copy on my legit 3ds to my, well, rom (not a rom dump) on my gateway'd 3ds?

I try trading over "local" and it starts well. It says, "please wait until preparations are complete" on both 3DSs, but then on my legit 3ds that message goes away completely and it's like... I'm back in the normal gameplay of walking around and whatnot, while on my gateway'd 3ds, it still shows that message... is there a specific reason as to why I cannot trade my pokemon between games?

Thanks.

...Battle won't work either...

2. migles

migles Mei the sexiest bae

Sep 19, 2013
    Saint Kitts and Nevis
    my dad works for nintendo.
    maybe something related to 1.2 update?

3. gamesquest1

gamesquest1 Nabnut

Sep 23, 2013
    you need to be on 6.x+ emunand or it doesnt work

4. Thirty3Three
    OP

Mar 22, 2013
    United States
    I appreciate the reply. However, I doubt it. When going locally (infared) you can't be connected to the internet, so I really don't know what's going on, haha! It's weird how it's the 'legit' copy and legit 3ds that does that though.

@Gamesquest.
    Maybe I'll update to 7.2 then. Thanks man! The whole "7.2 system error" thing can be fixed by gateway and applied "after" I update to 7.2, right?

5. gamesquest1

gamesquest1 Nabnut

Sep 23, 2013
    not sure why it does it i presume some difference between 4.x and 6.x that pokemon uses that 4.5 emunand can't do...pokemon shipped with 6.x so its would never happen under normal circumstances,but updating should resolve it

anyways pokemon is the only game i know of that wont work 100% on a non-updated emunand afaik its only the local linkup features that don't work

6. Thirty3Three
    OP

Mar 22, 2013
    United States
    Welp, I'm updating haha! Can't wait for the emunand fix... OH. And of course they can fix it. It's running from the SD. If need-be, I can just reformat my SD to "restart" emunand haha.

Thanks again man.

7. gamesquest1

gamesquest1 Nabnut

Sep 23, 2013
    you could always use emunand tool to extract your current 4.x emunand then re-inject it if you don't need to use 7.2 any more.....you could also backup your 7.2 before downgrading it to so you don't have to jump through the update hoops next time and always have a 7.2 emunand to fall back on in future

http://gbatemp.net/threads/emunand-tool-release-and-support-thread.359239/

8. Dial-IN

Dial-IN Newbie

Newcomer
    Jan 23, 2014
    If the "ROM" is a dump of your same "legit" retail cart, would they not share the same ID? Perhaps this may be related.

9. Thirty3Three
    OP

Mar 22, 2013
    United States
    For anyone wondering, gamesquest was correct! Thanks again man!

10. Criznittle

Criznittle GBAtemp Regular

Jun 21, 2007
    United States
    California
    were you able to resolve the issue and trade/battle through your rom and legit copy?

11. MGS1980

MGS1980 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Mar 27, 2014
    United States
    In the post above your's, he says that he did.

I can confirm that you can trade between a ROM and a legit cart on a retail (non-Gateway) 3DS. I was one of the people who helped compile the community .3DS save and have also done trading between a .3DZ ROM and my retail cart (the same one that I made my .3DZ dump from.)

12. Criznittle

Criznittle GBAtemp Regular

Jun 21, 2007
    United States
    California