OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
so, it's getting down to the end of the season, which always has me depressed, and i started to wonder if there are many other snowboarders that hang out here.

where do you ride? what do you ride? how long you been riding?

i live in vermont currently and have mostly been riding at stratton and okemo this season. my past mountains have been whiteface, big tupper, and gore in new york, and shawnee peak in maine. this will have been my 12th season snowboarding.

i'm riding a 2008 gnu chb 159 with magne traction. i now swear by magne traction.

i'm also an instructor and got my level 1 certification this past season.

so, what about everyone else?

Szyslak

Nudibranch Lover
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I love snowboarding. I've been riding for about 5 or 6 years now, but I usually only get out maybe 10 times a year. I always try to do a trip at New Years. My normal mountains are West and Gore (pretty close to me), but I go to Vermont quite a bit. I have family near Smuggler's Notch, so I usually ride there when I'm in the Green State. Other places I like to ride, but visit less frequently include Okemo, Killington, Sugarbush, and Whiteface.

I'm currently riding on a Burton 162 with Custom Bindings, but I'm always looking for used gear and tinkering with my setup. I've got a sweet Guinness board that I used to ride a lot, but it's a little short for me (156 I think).

That reminds me, I need a GBAtemp.net sticker for my board.

So yeah, I'm a little bummed the season is ending. I only got out 4 times this year, so it was a pretty disappointing season overall. Sometimes life gets in the way of what we really want to be doing.

For me though, it just means it's time to clean off the bike and the golf clubs.
smile.gif

laminaatplaat

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Yeah it kinda sucks that that this season is comming to an end soon
frown.gif
But I'm going to ski for a week for one last time in this season. In the netherlands it's normal to do this in the form as a holiday. I'm going to les 3 vallées in France it is one or the biggest ski area in the world
biggrin.gif
And because it is so high in the mountains there will still be covered in snow!

les-3-vallees-pistenplan-g.jpg

Im very exited about it! And about the equipment... dont know much about it
tongue.gif

oh yeah about snowboarding... Still need to pick it up sometimes
smile.gif
it looks awsome too!

Deadmon

A Temper
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
I started boarding 2 years ago thanks to the snowboarding club at school. I have a Burton Indie now, but my region doesn't have too many great hills at all. The best hills are always an hour or two drive from my region.

Sick Wario

Club Nintendo
Trophies
XP
Country
YES i knew there were other rippers around!! comtois can i come visit next season?! i would love to shred some east coast snow. killington and stratton look rad

anyway this year i was riding an 08 rome artifact + union force 07, dc park boot

however i demoed a lib tech TRS magne this year, and i can say 1000% i will be buying a magne traction stick next year.

magne + banana tech IS THE FUTURE PEOPLE, and union bindings are the best out right now

i'm also a level 1 CASI instructor

BTW burton = shit

comtois

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Szyslak said:
I love snowboarding. I've been riding for about 5 or 6 years now, but I usually only get out maybe 10 times a year. I always try to do a trip at New Years. My normal mountains are West and Gore (pretty close to me), but I go to Vermont quite a bit. I have family near Smuggler's Notch, so I usually ride there when I'm in the Green State. Other places I like to ride, but visit less frequently include Okemo, Killington, Sugarbush, and Whiteface.

I'm currently riding on a Burton 162 with Custom Bindings, but I'm always looking for used gear and tinkering with my setup. I've got a sweet Guinness board that I used to ride a lot, but it's a little short for me (156 I think).

That reminds me, I need a GBAtemp.net sticker for my board.

So yeah, I'm a little bummed the season is ending. I only got out 4 times this year, so it was a pretty disappointing season overall. Sometimes life gets in the way of what we really want to be doing.

For me though, it just means it's time to clean off the bike and the golf clubs.
smile.gif

i grew up riding at Gore! well, it was more of a 3-4 times a winter while Big Tupper was still open (RIP), then a few more times the years afterwards. my dad and sister were ski/snowboard instructors there and we're still good friends with the ski school director. i sure miss that mountain, but it's hard to take even 2 hour trips when i have 6 great mountains within an hour of me.

we should plan a gbatemp ski/snowboard vacation next winter. perhaps the official tour could coincide? of course free lessons for any never evers! and sick wario, you're welcome at my house anytime, especially if you ride lib tech and use words like "rad".

Szyslak

Nudibranch Lover
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Makes me sad to read that post. I still haven't gotten out golfing and that post was over a month ago.
frown.gif
Stupid responsibilities.

I'd definitely be up for a GBAtemp ski / snowboard day next season. It'd be a lot of fun to meet some fellow tempers on the hill and carve it up. We'll have to try to drum up some interest later this year.

Come on lagman, you know you want to. I'll set you up with some gear.
wink.gif

Oh yeah, and comtois, Gore was awesome this year while we still had snow. Cool to know you grew up riding there. I'd rather be over where you are during the winter though. Always seems like you guys have the best conditions in the area.

Kinda funny to be posting about snowboarding when it's 65 degrees out right now.
happy.gif

And yeah, laminated flooring guy, we need some pics of the Dutch snow bunnies.

comtois

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
time to revive this topic!

the snow is falling here in vermont, and i'm starting to get pretty excited. the only thing new this year will be my boots, some nice atomic waiver BOAs. pro-form is excellent and really makes it worth it being a certified instructor.

are there any other tempers in vermont? any stratton/okemo riders?

what about maine riders? anyone go to shawnee peak?

since my day job keeps me busy i won't be instructing for money this year, but hopefully i'll be doing some volunteer instructing for the local elementary school programs.

any other instructors here??

Szyslak

Nudibranch Lover
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
You're getting snow already? Awesome.

Can't wait for this season. No new gear to speak of, but I should have a little more time to hit the slopes.

Thanks for the thread bump, btw. Made the cold weather today a little easier to deal with. Or maybe that's just the Jack...

Dwight

Gawb. Gawb Bluth.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The season hasn't even started for me...
Anyway, I've been boarding for about 7 years now, and I'm currently using a K2 Viper with Burton Freestyle Boots and Bindings.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    S @ salazarcosplay: hello everyone