any other games like world ends with you?

Discussion in 'NDS - Console and Game Discussions' started by Blazikun, May 22, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
May 22, 2010
  1. Blazikun
    OP

Member Blazikun GBAtemp Regular

United Kingdom
    are there any other games like the "world ends with you" - e.g. Angsty teen hero with an absurdly angular haircut, Detailed customization options with weapons and armor that border on the anal retentive and a Complex, team-based combat system. a action RPG that isnt ff XII Revenant wings, and that is really heart touching. any games?

2. Overlord Nadrian

Banned Overlord Nadrian Banned

Belgium
    Nope. TWEWY is the only one in its genre.

3. ore0

Member ore0 GBAtemp Regular

United States
    ohhh...

Only about a million too many JRPGs...

Don't get me wrong, I am about the biggest fan of JRPGs, but sometimes they need a huge change. Haven't tried FFXIII yet, but from what I've heard they basically changed everything.

4. LFF

Newcomer LFF Advanced Member

United Kingdom
    Shin Megami Tensei: Devil Survivor
    It's not an action RPG like TWEWY, but it has a pretty similar feel to it. Lots of customisation and a strategic battle system. Highly recommended.

5. Jolan

Member Jolan Unlimited Bear Works

Bulgaria
    [​IMG] I believe you just described every JRPG ever made.

6. _Chaz_

Member _Chaz_ GBAtemp's Official Mook™

United States
    [​IMG]

7. Lanofrose

Newcomer Lanofrose Member

United States
    pyro the only game that is like TWEWY is Shin Megami Tensei: Devil Survivor

the two games have similar story set-up but gameplay is diff.

SMT:DS is the better game of the two by along shot

(tho personally I loved both)

8. Inunah

Banned Inunah The Female Mistaken for a Male.

United States
    You COULD try Lunar Knights (AKA Boktai 4). Wikipedia says it's an Action RPG. It's got some great gameplay, an interesting storyline (I don't know if it's heart touching, I haven't yet finished it), customizable weapons that get tedious to find parts to upgrade with, and an interesting elemental system.

[​IMG]

The dude on the right is Lucian. He's an angsty teen-ish renowned Vampire Hunter who likes to work alone. Basically, his attitude is dark, lonely, angsty, and he doesn't really care too much about anything except killing Vampires. His weapon is a legendary sword.
    The dude on the left is Aaron. He's a Solar Knight (Possibly in training, but this isn't made clear) who is slightly childish but has lots of determination. He's kind of like Shiki and Beat mixed together, if that makes any sense. His weapon is a gun that fires light.

They're both the heroes of this game. You play both of them, and can switch between the two on the fly once you are given access to doing so.
    Some of the graphics may not be too great, and the voice acting (where there is voice acting) is kind of out of place and dull at times, but it's a great game.

This game was made by the same people who did Metal Gear Solid and the other Boktai games, and if you liked those you'll probably like this.
    [​IMG]

Not exactly like TWEWY at all, but it's similar enough to what you want to warrant my suggesting it.

9. Blazikun
    OP

Member Blazikun GBAtemp Regular

United Kingdom
    well, i made a new topic asking whether there's any good JRPGs out there. thanks for the help!
    (someone lock this plzplz)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.