Any other Game & Watch collectors out there?

Lemmy Koopa

M3 Perfect fanboy
OP
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
Anyone else have or collect any Nintendo Game & Watch units?

Here's my collection in order of collecting:

Super Mario Bros
smbgaw.png

Bombsweeper
bombsweeperopen.png

bstop.png

bsbottom.png

bombsweeperclosed.png

I also had these: Fire, Donkey Kong Jr, Parachute
miniclassics.png

Got these this year:
Ball
ballgamewatch.png

Popeye
popeyepanorama.png

garbanzox

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Awesome collection. I've thought about picking some up, but that would be a slippery slope for me - I'd end up wanting them all :)

Besides I don't find them particularly fun to play - it would just be a great thing to collect.

RevPokemon

GBATemp's 3rd Favorite Transgirl
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Awesome collection. I've thought about picking some up, but that would be a slippery slope for me - I'd end up wanting them all :)

Besides I don't find them particularly fun to play - it would just be a great thing to collect.
They are fun to play but they also have remastered versions if them on eshop and a GBA collection(with Mario characters)

nasune

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
That's a nice collection. I have two of them, the Zelda one, and the Donkey Kong Jr. tabletop one. I saw another (a mario one) a couple of hours ago for five bucks, but it was a new one (it was made this year, I didn't even know they were still being produced).

Reactions: Lemmy Koopa

DjoeN

Captain Haddock!
Trophies
Website
djoen.dommel.be
XP
Country
Belgium
Squish, Mario Cement Factory, Super Mario Bros (all boxed and complete), and Parachute

5491e4b405056-gw.jpg

Donkey Kong, Donkey Kong II, Mario Bros, Mickey & Donald (closed, next picture open)

5491e4dbf2d09-gw1b.jpg

5491e4ef3afdd-gw2b.jpg

Lifeboat

5491e50257d00-lb1.jpg

Zelda

5491e5169edb8-Zelda.jpg

My Treasure, 2 Player - PacMan2 Led handheld (uses 6 C batteries)

5491e527efb51-pacman2b.jpg

Pokémon Mini (only 2 games shown, but i have almost all of them)

5491e538497e2-pmini2.jpg

BarCode Battler

5491e54d00001-bb.jpg

Got also alot of those nintendo keychain g&w ones.
This is only a part of my handheld collection :D (Neo-Geo Pocket / Sega / Nintendo / Wonderswan (Color) / other less known ones / etc...) and that doens't count the Not handheld consoles collection

Reactions: Lemmy Koopa

RevPokemon

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, but very limmited compared to the ereader, except you could use other barcodes then the cards you had to buy, some barcodes from food/products worked also, not all, but you had to try it
Fact that in had some compatiblity with super Famicom and Famicom is cool (GameCube had no comparability with ereader except for animal crossing if I'm correct)

DjoeN

Captain Haddock!
Trophies
Website
djoen.dommel.be
XP
Country
Belgium
Fact that in had some compatiblity with super Famicom and Famicom is cool (GameCube had no comparability with ereader except for animal crossing if I'm correct)

Dunno about that, but if i remember correct i could use it on my gamecube in pokemon colloseum

[EDIT]
Ow, and it worked fine on Gamecube when used in the GBA player :)

DjoeN

Captain Haddock!
Trophies
Website
djoen.dommel.be
XP
Country
Belgium
Nice collections you have there guys ^^ Which is the cheapest of the G&Ws, may I ask? Also the most expensive one?

There not cheap unless you can buy used ones without box
G&W boxed with everything original in it gonna cost you alot more then only the G&W handheld
You have to be sure it has the battery clip still, most second hand ones are missing it
Check if it doesn't have leakage in it from batteries (very common)
Cheapest, i think Donkey Kong, you can find those alot
Most expensive: Balloon Fight Crystal Screen

http://www.rarityguide.com/gnw_view.php

Check that out :)
http://www.ebay.com/itm/BALLOON-FIG...onsoles_VideoGameConsoles&hash=item1c4a3d3291

GBP 1,410.00
Approximately US $2,217.86

Reactions: Skull Kiddo

RevPokemon

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There not cheap unless you can buy used ones without box
G&W boxed with everything original in it gonna cost you alot more then only the G&W handheld
You have to be sure it has the battery clip still, most second hand ones are missing it
Check if it doesn't have leakage in it from batteries (very common)
Cheapest, i think Donkey Kong, you can find those alot
Most expensive: Balloon Fight Crystal Screen

http://www.rarityguide.com/gnw_view.php

Check that out :)
http://www.ebay.com/itm/BALLOON-FIG...onsoles_VideoGameConsoles&hash=item1c4a3d3291

GBP 1,410.00
Approximately US $2,217.86

Also the best bet to get them cheap is a yard sale/swap event where some is selling for not a lot as they have no clue how much it costs (although the chances are slim)

DjoeN

Captain Haddock!
Trophies
Website
djoen.dommel.be
XP
Country
Belgium
Yeah, cheapest to get them is yard/garage sales or secondhand markets (in summer we have every sunday secondhand markets, where whole streets get closed down and anyone can sell there old stuff)
But alot has changed since i started collecting and now, ppl check out the internet to know the value for some gaming stuff.

RevPokemon

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, cheapest to get them is yard/garage sales or secondhand markets (in summer we have every sunday secondhand markets, where whole streets get closed down and anyone can sell there old stuff)
But alot has changed since i started collecting and now, ppl check out the internet to know the value for some gaming stuff.

Yeah but even still atleat unlike say eBay you can negotiate and don't have to psy shipping

Skull Kiddo

Definitely Not A Kid
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Unfornately there are no garage sales next to me :/ doubt it is even popular on Portugal unlike USA. But we do have a nice website which is available in the US idk, there are even GBAs for 10 euro .3. Thanks for thr answers guys

Lemmy Koopa

M3 Perfect fanboy
OP
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
Nice collections you have there guys ^^ Which is the cheapest of the G&Ws, may I ask? Also the most expensive one?

Cheapest ones are the least rarest ones.

Mini Classics were remakes made in 1999-200x so they are vastly cheaper to get than the original Game & Watches.
They were 10 dollars each on shelves when I got them, but I haven't seen a story carry any in 5 years. Last time I saw one was at Walmart in like 2007. It was a Mario's Cement Factory, but the quality of it was poor and it kept malfunctioning if you barely shook it. Maybe it was just a bad unit I bought. They run on ebay for as low as 15 dollars.

You can get Club Nintendo Ball for around 20-40 dollars (depending if boxed or not). It's a full rerelease from Nintendo of the original Ball from 1980, during 2010-2011.

If you want to collect straight up G&W's, you could try to find used ones in decent condition, they run from 40-100 dollars each depending on how rare the title is and if it's boxed or has scratches, or is missing the battery cover.

Reactions: Skull Kiddo

Lemmy Koopa

M3 Perfect fanboy
OP
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States

You have to have a motive to get into collecting this stuff.

Mine is: I love Nintendo, and found these intriguing. I wasn't in that time frame during the originals, but I did find things to get me interested.

When I was a kid, they had the Mini Classic games at places like Walmart. It was like "Cool, it's Nintendo, this one's Mario, this one's Donkey Kong Jr".
I also found the Game & Watch Gallery games as a kid. The box art depicting the Mario characters doing crazy things, so I got it because I thought it was a Mario game. I slowly learned about the Game & Watch franchise and tried collecting as many Mini Classics as I could.

I had more than 3 Mini Classics at one point. Some were lost, some were given away, and some were broken. I had 2 versions of Mario's Cement Factory, I also had Octopus, but I lost it during a move.

When I was a young teen I eventually asked my mom to get me an actual G&W on ebay for christmas. I got a used Super Mario Bros in used but decent condition. Next year I got Bombsweeper.
I started collecting them again this year.

As for the games themselves, they're mostly time killers. Think of phone games, with very simplistic graphics.
The gameplay ranges from game to game. A lot of them test your reflex. As the score goes up, the speed and quantity of things going on in the game goes up. It's fun if you're waiting for something.

Other games have more depth to them.
Super Mario Bros has 8 levels, enemies, and even power ups. Very impressive for an LCD game.
Bombsweeper is a maze puzzle game where you push walls to disarm bombs. This one has even more levels than Super Mario
Donkey Kong Jr is like the NES game but more simplistic.

When I was a kid, they were great to have. I could carry them through class and say it was a watch, and play them during break. A lot easier to carry around than a Gameboy.

Now I like to collect them, and I still play them when I'm in the mood to check a game out.

Lemmy Koopa

M3 Perfect fanboy
OP
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
Scored another as a gift over the holidays. Mario Bros. Actually pretty fun, even more than I remembered, especially when trying to pay attention to 2 screens at once.

mbfront.png

mbopen.png

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gYzI76fwaM0