Hacking Any other cios that support NTFS usb loading?

cthg

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm a noob and formatted my external hard drive to NTFS and have like 60gb of wii games on it. Right not it seems only Hermes's Cios222 rev 4 will work to load the games off the NTFS partition with usbloader.... I upgraded to Hermes's cios222 rev 5 and NTFS didn't work. I haven't tried any of wanin's latest cios but I heard he wasn't doing NTFS.... are there any other cios besides cios222 rev 4 that support NTFS usb loading?

XFlak

Wiitired but still kicking
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
u can try hermes v5 merged with 57 (sounds like u already tried it merged with 38), or v5 merged with 37 for guitar hero-type games (or hermes v4 merged with 37+38 for guitar hero games also)

edit: hermes v5 merged with 38 should work on ntfs, make sure u update your usbloader!!

XFlak

Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
FenrirWolf said:
Configurable USB Loader supports NTFS loading from Hermes rev5 and Waninkoko's rev19. I'd imagine GX does as well.
none of wanin's cios' support ntfs, and I believe wanin himself said it is unlikely that they will ever support ntfs

wanins cios rev 17 and under only support wbfs

wanins cios rev 18 and above (current rev is 19) support wbfs and fat32 (but not ntfs)

FenrirWolf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I never said that Waninkoko's IOS supports NTFS natively. I said that Configurable USB Loader supports it. There's a difference there. =P

XFlak

Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
@FenrirWolf, first off, I just want to note I've seen a lot of your posts and I consider you a valued member of the community...

that being said...
FenrirWolf said:
Configurable USB Loader supports NTFS loading from Hermes rev5 and Waninkoko's rev19. I'd imagine GX does as well.
You plainly said that configurable usb loader supports NTFS loading using wanin's rev19... u may have intended to say something else... but that's not what u wrote!
tongue.gif

anyways, I was just trying to clarify for anyone less knowledgeable reading this thread

cheers!

FenrirWolf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I said that because it's true. You know how Rev18 and above have mload capabilities? That allows loaders to run NTFS using Rev18/19. Hence my statement that Configurable USB Loader supports NTFS loading from cIOS rev19 despite Waninkoko not supporting it. Why not head on over to the thread and read the intro post? It's all there.

XFlak

Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
I stand corrected!! You see, this is why you are a respected member of the community! (btw, i'm glad I was being nice when I was "correcting" you, otherwise I would feel like a real asshole right now, lol)

it's funny, TJ and I were just saying the opposite a few hours ago here. I'm going to direct him to this thread so he can make the necessary changes to his backup loading thread.

cheers m8!

QUOTE said:
Please don't spread rumors about things you don't have tested yourself/you have no knowledge about.
hey, I had just (wrongly) confirmed it this morning with TJ Cool (see link above)... in fact, this morning I was less sure of myself and I even said "I thought wanin's cIOS did not support ntfs, but only fat32 and wbfs? am I mistaken?"... I make sure I never to say something is fact when I am not 100% sure, and I am man enough admit when I was wrong, and this time, I was wrong. But for the record, I do have knowledge about this stuff! I was just misinformed, I'll try not to let it happen again!

usptactical

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ozz465 said:
can anyone clarify how loading thru ntfs or fat works? ie folders and such?

As far as loading games goes, for USBLoader cfg (GX and WiiFlow are the same) you need to put your games (converted to .wbfs) in the /wbfs folder on your usb drive / sd card. If running Hermes cios use the cfg-222.dol and if using Wanin's cios use the cfg.dol. Games can also be put in sub-directories (there's scripts and tools to auto-create them for you), but they need to be named properly.

edit:
If starting from scratch, you can just have the loader rip from the disc if using FAT in cfg. It will put the .wbfs file in the appropriate place. NTFS writes are currently not supported.

Ozz465

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
usptactical said:
Ozz465 said:
can anyone clarify how loading thru ntfs or fat works? ie folders and such?

As far as loading games goes, for USBLoader cfg (GX and WiiFlow are the same) you need to put your games (converted to .wbfs) in the /wbfs folder on your usb drive / sd card. If running Hermes cios use the cfg-222.dol and if using Wanin's cios use the cfg.dol. Games can also be put in sub-directories (there's scripts and tools to auto-create them for you), but they need to be named properly.

edit:
If starting from scratch, you can just have the loader rip from the disc if using FAT in cfg. It will put the .wbfs file in the appropriate place. NTFS writes are currently not supported.
thank you very much got it working with configurable usb loader.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Sup