Any other bass players?

Hadrian

Literally as TIGHT as a gnats chuff.
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I had a fretless bass that my Dad made for me, it was the best one I have ever played. Sadly I have no time for it so my Dad has it now.

andytjm

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Yay a bass players topic, finally!
I have been playing bass for 3 and a half years. I love playing along to anything by tool, love the complexity of the bass lines.

Uzumakijl

Trophies
Website
www.uzumakijl.blogspot.com
XP
Country
Mexico
I'm, I've been playing for like 7 or 8 months, I can't post any pictures of my bass right now,
But is an Eagle Instruments bass, 4 Strings, Matte black, Active. It's my first bass btw.
Uhmmm I don't have any amp right now, But i use some old stereo speakers which work perfectly.

My favorite song... Well it would be Reptilia from the strokes for lot's of reasons i know it's not that difficult but still it sounds pretty neat for me i really liked the bass line when i first heard the song...

I first started playing with an acoustic guitar playing bass songs, But since i got my bass i've been hooked to it.

Never though you were a bass player too
biggrin.gif

dragon574444

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I play bass
biggrin.gif
. I've been playing for maybe a year now. I don't have much gear, just a Kramer Focus 420s, basically a P bass, and a Marlboro Soundworks B220, a 12 inch, solid state combo amp that's older than me.

DozerGuy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I played bass in a Reggae band called Native Species , and drums in a punk band called The Reason. Fender Jazz Bass and local Santa Cruz drumset by drum Bwahna

silent sniper

!dennaB
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
aye, bassist right here!!

I play for a death/thrash/groove metal band called Tyrannicide, we don't have any recordings at the moment, but we're looking to get some studio time in a few weeks.

Been playing for about a year and a half, self-taught, know little-to-no theory, hoping to get lessons very soon. I play a black Yamaha RBX375 (signed by the almighty Henkka T. Blacksmith of CHILDREN OF BODOM) currently strung with D'Addario bright chrome heavy guage set, all through an Eden Nemesis NC410 (320w, discontinued, one of the few combo 410 models in existence).

Bought the bass new with several dings and scratches (only adds personality, baby!) for $480, and bought the amp used for $500.

MY TONE: super fucking shmexy. Very mids oriented, "round" feel to it, warm, smooth - comparable to that of a fretless bass.

dragon574444

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
102_0837.jpg

C'mon guys, we need some pics! I'll try to get a pic of my amp sometime. That's an old photo, the original pick guard broke, so I made a new one from some aluminum diamond plate
biggrin.gif
I also bought a set of Roto Sound Steve Harris flatwounds, those were pricey, but I don't plan on taking them off........ever.

Also, if any of you guys are looking for some good bass discussion, www.talkbass.com is the place to be. Tons of good info.

Domination

Trophies
Website
www.facebook.com
XP
Country
Senegal
Wow, I never knew Gbatemp had so many bass players
biggrin.gif

It would be cool if I could listen to some of yoru recordings. I can't wait to listen to yours, silent sniper.

Well, I don't play bass, in fact I don't play anything. But I think people who can play instruments are cool.

Anybody can play like Steve Harris? My favourite bass player of all time.

silent sniper

!dennaB
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
dragon574444 said:
102_0837.jpg

C'mon guys, we need some pics! I'll try to get a pic of my amp sometime. That's an old photo, the original pick guard broke, so I made a new one from some aluminum diamond plate
biggrin.gif
I also bought a set of Roto Sound Steve Harris flatwounds, those were pricey, but I don't plan on taking them off........ever.

Also, if any of you guys are looking for some good bass discussion, www.talkbass.com is the place to be. Tons of good info.
sexy p-bass!

also, www.ultimate-guitar.com

dragon574444

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Thanks, I'm rather fond of it. The pups are stock, I thought about buying some Seymour Duncan SB3's, but then figured, if it ain't broke, don't fix it. After thinking about it some more, I probably wouldn't have liked them anyway, I want a more mellow tone. I play classic rock and metal, and by metal I mean "classic metal." Metallica, Sabbath, Maiden, no nu-metal or screamo stuff...

I can do the Steve Harris gallop, but keeping that steady for the whole song takes a lot of stamina, it's real easy to tense up and lose it.

I'd love to see some pic of that Eden
biggrin.gif

dib

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I have a couple bass guitars but I only play them when something really interests me which isn't often and I don't care for most bassists. I stick with material written by guys like Flea (RHCP) and Matt Freeman (Rancid), or a handful of albums like Kill 'Em All.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/MddR6PTmGKg?si=mU2EO5hoE7XXSbSr