Any Order of the Stick fans?

Discussion in 'General Off-Topic Chat' started by Jenacis, Jul 9, 2007.

Jul 9, 2007

Any Order of the Stick fans? by Jenacis at 4:46 PM (734 Views / 0 Likes) 1 replies

1. Jenacis
    OP

Newcomer Jenacis Member

United States
    (For those who don't know what it is)
    Order of the Stick is a free webcomic (you can start reading it here) that follows a group of D & D style characters on various adventures they have. It has a ridiculous amount of continuity, excellent character development, and has had me laughing out loud many a time. It's great stuff. Give it a read if ya have some time.

(For those that do)
    Well, I dunno. I was really just curious if anyone else reads it. It's given me something to do during lunch breaks at work, and makes me want to play D & D (I've never played before) - anyone else a fan?

2. Zendrik

Member Zendrik GBAtemp Fan

United States
    I read it from the beginning. I've been a fan for a year or two(is it even two years old?). I love the way they integrated D&D comedy into it(such as the characters knowing about sneak skills and dice rolling). Lately, Brian has pulled away from that and has pushed for the story based gags. I still like it, but the "you gotta be a D&D'er to get the joke" jokes were the best he ever wrote.

On a side note, you might wanna check out Erfworld. It is also on the GiantITP site. It is about a war, but everyone plays it like a board game. Units are stacked, they have movement points, every unit sleeps at night. I love it.

Also, you may wanna check out 8-Bit Theater. www.nuklearpower.com
    It starts out making fun of RPGs in general(it uses the story and sprites from Final Fantasy I). But it grows into a different story from the game. What may catch your attention is that Red Mage(thats his class and his name) knows about the "gods" who roll the dice, he knows about character sheets, and he knows that nothing ever, ever, EVER beats a natural 20.