Hacking Any option to play MH4U online, without updating sysnand?

JackBauer

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Hey guys,
I have a N3DS-XL at 9.0E.... I want to play MH4 online with two friends, is there any option to do this without updating to 9.6? I have a Sky3DS Card and heard that i can use Gateway menu (with CN) to get an emunand. But for playing online i will need the newest firmware (9.6) and emunand supports only 9.5 atm, right?
Is there any information when u can expect emunand (9.6, or even maybe never?)

So I am thinking about updating my sysnand to 9.6 to play online and have eShop access and still use my sky3ds for offline games... wich advantages will i actually loose if i update my sysnand... ? because i can use private headers even with Sky3ds and it will be possibly save to play online? Apart of that i will buy legit cards of these games, wich i will play online.

Or is there another way at the moment (or the next time) to use your device for online games/eshop/games updates... especially for MH4?

Thank u :)

Oishikatta

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
MH4U only needs a 8.0U system I believe. I've been playing it on 9.5U just fine.

The issue is that it has an update required for online play (eshop).

Hey guys,
I have a N3DS-XL at 9.0E.... I want to play MH4 online with two friends, is there any option to do this without updating to 9.6? I have a Sky3DS Card and heard that i can use Gateway menu (with CN) to get an emunand. But for playing online i will need the newest firmware (9.6) and emunand supports only 9.5 atm, right?

So I am thinking about updating my sysnand to 9.6 to play online and have eShop access and still use my sky3ds for offline games... wich advantages will i actually loose if i update my sysnand... ? because i can use private headers even with Sky3ds and it will be possibly save to play online? Apart of that i will buy legit cards of these games, wich i will play online.

Or is there another way at the moment (or the next time) to use your device for online games/eshop/games updates... especially for MH4?

Updating is fine, but I suggest you use a Cubic Ninja rom to get into gateway's launcher and make a backup of your 9.0 sysnand first. That way if you ever want to downgrade, you can just flash it back (hardmod).

You can't use gateway's emunand without an actual gateway card, and even if you could it's not possible to update it to 9.6 anyways (no eshop).

YourHero

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The issue is that it has an update required for online play (eshop).

Updating is fine, but I suggest you use a Cubic Ninja rom to get into gateway's launcher and make a backup of your 9.0 sysnand first. That way if you ever want to downgrade, you can just flash it back (hardmod).

You can't use gateway's emunand without an actual gateway card, and even if you could it's not possible to update it to 9.6 anyways (no eshop).
He has a sky3ds so I'm not sure why he doesn't update. But the update is only to give you access to the gift area. He doesn't ACTUALLY need it to play. All the DLC for new armor and palico armor is in the game and is downloaded via in game dlc menu.

Zidapi

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Hey guys,

wich advantages will i actually loose if i update my sysnand... ?
All of them.

What you will gain is the ability to update MH4 and play online with your friends.

Your n3DS XL will become virtually unhackable, thanks to the new security measures Nintendo implemented in 9.6

KARL will provide the best of both worlds allowing you to both update and stay on an exploitable firmware, but that's likely still some months away.

You can always update now and buy a new n3DS later once the scene has matured more.

Escape

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
MH4 doesn't require the latest patch to play online.
Been playing with my JP New 3DS the Euorpean version, and haven't installed a single update (it does keep prompting me though).

JackBauer

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Thank u guys for the answers.
I will try to play MH4 without updating my console (not needed like some people said). Otherwise i will update maybe update my n3ds and play online und get eshop access... Maybe it will take weeks or month when 9.6 is supported, and than nintendo will release 9.7.. and waiting again....

Doom561

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hey guys,

I'm on firmware version 9.0.0-20E on my new 3ds xl and I'm playing mh4u without the update and I can play online with other people. I can even download the dlc quests and such on the main menu on mh4u. Just setup a wifi connection at home and don't do the system update. Just play mh normally.

Reactions: JackBauer

JackBauer

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I'm on firmware version 9.0.0-20E on my new 3ds xl and I'm playing mh4u without the update and I can play online with other people. I can even download the dlc quests and such on the main menu on mh4u. Just setup a wifi connection at home and don't do the system update. Just play mh normally.

Thank u to confirm that!!
Now iam hopeful that it will be playable online without updating to 9.6 :)

PS: I need to confirm the update when i turn my wifi on, even if the update will be downloaded in the background, i need to click "OK" to install it, right?

Doom561

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Thank u to confirm that!!
Now iam hopeful that it will be playable online without updating to 9.6 :)

PS: I need to confirm the update when i turn my wifi on, even if the update will be downloaded in the background, i need to click "OK" to install it, right?

When I turn the wifi on to play mh4u online it hasn't actually come up yet saying I need to do a system update. If it does just ignore it. If you leave your 3ds connected to the wifi and you close the lid so it is in sleep mode, it will download the latest firmware update but it won't install it. I'm pretty sure tt still requires your permission to install it because you have to either accept or decline the terms and conditions or something. Just ignore it if it does start to ask you or click decline or something. I've had mine for 3 days now and it still hasn't said anything about the firmware update yet.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pnRVIC7kS4s