Any one purchased from foundmy console solution?

Discussion in 'General Off-Topic Chat' started by dilav, Nov 17, 2011.

Nov 17, 2011
  1. dilav
    OP

Member dilav GBAtemp Maniac

United States
    I've heard bad things about this site in the past and I had a bad experience once. But I am thinking of buying a few items from this place. Can anyone comment about this place? If so could you include a rough approximation on when the transaction was made.

Thanks.

2. jimmyemunoz

Member jimmyemunoz GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

United States
    Check out this here for their web review. :D

3. dilav
    OP

United States
    I've seen it, but thanks.

The problem with review websites is that most people do not rate transactions unless they're bad. With exception to those who actively use sites like those.
    Theres a few more reviews from forums which imo is a better place for reviews, any fake reviews could be spotted quite easily, and with members who browse these sites often:
    Xbox scene and here

Doesn't look too good. But still thinking of ordering and file a chargeback if there is a problem. Not positive..

4. jimmyemunoz

Member jimmyemunoz GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

United States
    Yeah, I'm a member of xbox-scene and I've heard negative things about them and after reading their web review, I removed them from my favorites list. They're a shady website at this point in time. Stay away until they correct their current image.

5. Gahars

Member Gahars Bakayaro Banzai

United States
    I haven't used them, but I remember hearing from someone or another that they weren't all that great.

It's been a while so a lot could have changed, but you might just be better off trying somewhere else.

6. dilav
    OP

United States
    I'm trying to buy 2 Crystal Chip and the only other site I saw had them for $60+shipping. Foundmy has them for 35 + shipping. I wouldn't want to spend more than 50 for one of these. Otherwise I would consider another place.

7. alphamule

Member alphamule GBAtemp Fan

United States
    http://www.foundmy.c...-kits-p-73.html
    This was VERY tempting. Even if I need a GBA or SP to really take advantage, this is a good deal. We'll have to see if they can keep their end of the deal. The carts are obsolete and have no new software, which is why they are so cheap...

So, anyone made a purchase there, lately? Say, the last month?

BTW: What is a crystal chip? Google is all but useless, heh. Or rather, I thought it was because there's a common term "chip crystal" in electronics... Seems that it's a PS2 mod chip.
    Got the cartridges about 2 weeks ago. I was trying to find the parts to my GBA-SP so I could check them out. Then I had to figure out how to get the software working. That's why it took so long to post this, heh. They worked after some fussing with the software, but I had to call him to get them shipped. If you order from Foundmy, patience is essential. It's the only thing negative I have to say since otherwise the store is good. I'll probably order from them again though, since they have the only sources of some items.

8. alphamule

Member alphamule GBAtemp Fan

United States
    I've purchased some more stuff from them. It got here fast this time. :grin: