Hacking Any one has PSVR and running 5.05 firmware

Sambosat

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hello all and sorry in advance if this is repetitive as Im not able to get help with my issue though it looks simple but Im not able to make it work.

I have PS 4 that was never activated (didnt know about importance of activation) my PS4 is jail broken with firmware 5.05. My games are installed to internal HDD and then move them external HDD with app2USB. When playing games from HDD I use the exploit and run Mira +HEN and games run perfectly.

I have just recently bought a PSVR and connected it to the PS4. When I turn on the VR it asks me to update software to be able to use the VR but if I update I will lose my firmware and my games. I searched the net over and over and led me to one site and YouTube videos where it suggests to use Hen+VR exploit. I used it and was able to turn on my PSVR without it asking for update. But now i cant run my games just by using Hen+VR and the games give me error that I did not purchase the game.

I have tried several ways to try to run the games and the VR at the same time to no avail. I have been searching and experiencing tor 2 weeks now can someone help me please

What is the correct procedure to run the PSVR and the games at the same time. Thank you guys in advance for your help

Leeful

GBAtemp Member
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Looks like you need to run 'Riff Renamer' to make your games compatable with regular hen.
You can find it in the 'TOOLS2' section of my exploit host HERE or in X-Project HERE.

After you have fixed your games you should then be able to run them using the latest HEN+VR payload.

If you dont want to do that you can just run the standalone 'Enable VR' payload (NOT HEN+VR!) with the usual version of hen you use.

Last edited by Leeful,
Reactions: ItsmeAJ and KiiWii

smf

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
When playing games from HDD I use the exploit and run Mira +HEN and games run perfectly.

What Leeful said. There is something about the way that Mira+hen works that means if you use it to install games they are incompatible with standalone hen. https://twitter.com/_AlAzif/status/1103409348095561728

All the latest developments are with standalone hen, it's what you want to be using for sure.

Last edited by smf,

KiiWii

Editorial Team
Editorial Team
Trophies
Website
defaultdnb.github.io
XP
Country
United Kingdom
What Leeful said. There is something about the way that Mira+hen works that means if you use it to install games they are incompatible with standalone hen. https://twitter.com/_AlAzif/status/1103409348095561728

All the latest developments are with standalone hen, it's what you want to be using for sure.

Mira HEN installs games as FAKE style ticket, xVortex HEN installs games as FREE.

This converts FAKE to FREE so they all will work on all latest HEN.

smf

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Mira HEN installs games as FAKE style ticket, xVortex HEN installs games as FREE.

What does that mean in technical terms? Is it that Mira installs some form of fake signing keys and vortex just flags the games as free content?

KiiWii

Editorial Team
Editorial Team
Trophies
Website
defaultdnb.github.io
XP
Country
United Kingdom
What does that mean in technical terms? Is it that Mira installs some form of fake signing keys and vortex just flags the games as free content?
Naming convention iirc.

It’s like HEN allows for fake signed licences and the licence is named something to the effect of: gamename.cusaidxxxxx.fake

Whereas the free licence type is something like:
free.gamename.cusaidxxxxxx

That’s just an example, not actual naming. I’m afk right now.

https://github.com/Scene-Collective/ps4-rif-renamer/blob/master/source/main.c

Edit:

I’m sure Nagato’s Revenge did a vid on it and it showed the files and names.

Last edited by KiiWii,

smf

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Naming convention iirc.

Well Mira obviously made up "fake", but I wondered if xvortex made up "free" or whether it was already part of the PS4 OS (if "free" also works on Mira then it would suggest maybe it was)

Last edited by smf,

Sambosat

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Looks like you need to run 'Riff Renamer' to make your games compatable with regular hen.
You can find it in the 'TOOLS2' section of my exploit host HERE or in X-Project HERE.

After you have fixed your games you should then be able to run them using the latest HEN+VR payload.

If you dont want to do that you can just run the standalone 'Enable VR' payload (NOT HEN+VR!) with the usual version of hen you use.
First of all thank you all for the replies and suggestions. I was sure that this great community has people that would be able to help me with my issue. I will try your suggestion and will report back to you guys. Thanks a million

weatMod

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

This converts FAKE to FREE so they all will work on all latest HEN.
ok so i am in a similar situation here
difference is that i have not set anything up yet or installed games so are you saying that if i use the proper payload when installing my games then i don't have to use the riff renamer tool to fix my games?

which payload should i use to install my games?
also i understan that some payloads now support external USB without apps2usb like native support for external USB so would that be a different payload than the one that works with VR or is there one payload that does it all? also could you or someone else point me to the latest .bin file
for flashing to an esp board?

i flashed my board a while ago i think it was right when the native external USB support got released it was the 1st .bin that had that support
no i am sure it is out of date now
i haven't had time to set my ps4 and VR yet plus i was waiting for the camera extension cable which recently got
i still need to update to 5.05

Sambosat

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada

Ok finally got the time to work on that. I have followed the instruction of Leeful and was able to finally get my PSVR running. Thank you all especially Leeful

Reactions: x65943 and Leeful

coffinbirth

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Not sure if this helps, but I ran into this issue when the 5.05 exploit was still fresh and mira+HEN would always toss me an error, but HEN would not. Everything else worked just fine with Mira+HEN, but not VR. Worked great for me with just HEN, but I'm not sure if that'll be the case for you as all of my games were installed as 'fake' pkg via Mira+HEN and ran off the internal drive.
EDIT: looks like you got it sorted.

Last edited by coffinbirth,
Reactions: Leeful

weatMod

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Glad I could help.:):)
can you please confirm for me that if you install the games initially with the proper payload that you do not need to fix them with riff renamer
is fixing only necessary if you have used the wrong payload when installing the games initially ?
/
if so then what is the recomended payload to use when installing games for PSVR?

Leeful

GBAtemp Member
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
can you please confirm for me that if you install the games initially with the proper payload that you do not need to fix them with riff renamer
is fixing only necessary if you have used the wrong payload when installing the games initially ?
/
if so then what is the recomended payload to use when installing games for PSVR?
Use Hen v2.1.1 and you will be fine.
The payloads that caused issues were the old Mira+Hen payloads.

Reactions: weatMod and Mo Poge

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy: @Xdqwerty, Osu! Tatakae! Ouendan! is the Japanese version of the game, different... +1