• Total voters

Jakob95

I am the Avatar
Suspended
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Who would? After this little sentence I just closed the page.

When ordering, you need to pay in advance - because your money is used to actually build your Pandora.

Tokiopop

Caffeine fiend
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
jakob95 said:
Who would? After this little sentence I just closed the page.

When ordering, you need to pay in advance - because your money is used to actually build your Pandora.
Erm, well so far, 4000 people have.

And it's called pre-ordering. Happens a lot, with various things. Like consoles and video games for example. This is no different. But if you really have no trust at all, there's a second batch next year that you don't have to pay in advance for.

Edit: Here (skip to around halfway for speedier gameplay) is a video of it running N64. Remember, it's not even out yet and is already faster than Daedalus (which has been in development for around 3 years) so this is pretty good progress.

DeMoN

GBAtemp Guru
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
God damn, they still haven't released this thing yet? I remember hearing about this last year as well as the year before that. I smell a handheld Phantom coming up...

wchill

Resident chillxpert
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I wish I had one of these.
As it is my wish list is:
1. 64GB iPod Touch 3rd generation (will get next month)
2. DSi XL (meh I'll go with bigger screen)
3. iPlayer
4. OpenPandora
4.5 Better PC (Most important, but will probably get after 1-4, hence 4.5) (Oh, it'll cost something like $30000 heheh Core i7 975 EE FTW!)
5. Dingoo A320
6. Better TV

Yeah my stuff is old, so I need to upgrade all of them. Heh.

Tokiopop

Caffeine fiend
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Schizoanalysis said:
ShatteredScreens said:
Remember, it's not even out yet...

The best reason why you should not give them any money. Reeks of "scam" to me...

Quite an elaborate scam, making expensive prototypes, expensive case moulds, producing 4000 boards, selling/giving expensive dev boards to devs like Zodttd. Just because something isn't released doesn't mean it doesn't exist.

wolffangalchemist said:
been heared abotu this, willl get one when they reach the mass production step where they are readily available.
You can't get one unless you pre-ordered. They in mass production now, and are shipping them out late November/early December this year. If you want one, you'll have to wait until the second lot, which is expected around Spring 2010.

QUOTE(DeMoN @ Nov 4 2009, 06:35 AM)
God damn, they still haven't released this thing yet? I remember hearing about this last year as well as the year before that. I smell a handheld Phantom coming up...
They made adjustments such as doubling the RAM and NAND, which took a little extra time. But yeah, it's been a long time
frown.gif

Schizoanalysis

From somewhere inside the rabbit hole...
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
ShatteredScreens said:
Schizoanalysis said:
ShatteredScreens said:
Remember, it's not even out yet...

The best reason why you should not give them any money. Reeks of "scam" to me...

Quite an elaborate scam, making expensive prototypes, expensive case moulds, producing 4000 boards, selling/giving expensive dev boards to devs like Zodttd. Just because something isn't released doesn't mean it doesn't exist.

If you want to risk your hard earned money -- that's up to you -- but in my eyes...

Give them money + get nothing in return = scam... elaborate or not...

QUOTE(ShatteredScreens @ Nov 5 2009, 07:13 AM)
Just because something isn't released doesn't mean it doesn't exist.

And just because you read about it on the internet/saw it on YouTube, it doesn't mean it does exist...

Tokiopop

Caffeine fiend
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Schizoanalysis said:
And just because you read about it on the internet/saw it on YouTube, it doesn't mean it does exist...
I guess Modern Warfare 2 doesn't exist either then
frown.gif
Such a shame I got scammed by pre-ordering that also.

FireEmblemGuy

Celebrating a decade of shitposting
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I considered buying one... when the estimated price was $250 and the estimated release date was Fall 2007. They're so meticulous about every little redesign that it keeps annoying the consumer AND costing them more out of their pockets, so until it becomes cheaper to produce one I'll pass.

Jakob95

I am the Avatar
Suspended
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ShatteredScreens said:
Schizoanalysis said:
I guess Modern Warfare 2 doesn't exist either then
frown.gif
Such a shame I got scammed by pre-ordering that also.

Modern Warefare 2 is being released by Trust worthy people that we already know. We already know what kind of company they are that makes games. We also know that Gamestop won't scam us.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    I @ idonthave: :)