Stephano

pessimism = Realism
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
upload_2017-11-14_6-26-58.png

I don't look like it, but i'm a little bit of a closet metal-head... Sort of. I love heavy guitars as much as the next guy but what draws me to Nightwish is their use of Pianos, Strings, and woodwind/brass instruments. In my opinion, their songs are more orchestrative masterpieces than rock music. I don't know any other Nightwish fans around here except for one girl i've seen walk around campus with a Nightwish T-shirt.

So, any Nightwish fans out there?
What's your favorite Album?
Favorite Song?
Favorite Soft Song?
If you saw the Imaginearum movie, what did you think of it?

Overall, what do you think about Nightwish?

(Please no debate on Tarja vs. Annette vs. Floor)

Minox

Thanks for the fish
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
I've listened to them for quite a long time and while I don't really enjoy their new albums as much as I enjoy their older ones I still listen to those as well. I do not believe I have a song in particular that I like, but Oceanborn is my favorite album for sure.

migles

All my gbatemp friends are now mods, except for me
Trophies
XP
Country
China
i used to be a fan, really liked them, and i still do, but i would listen to them non stop, my favorite song changed a lot of times, my first favorite was wish i had an angel, but maybe i listened to much and after listening the older albuns, heh that song doesn't appeal me anymore

one of the songs that i always found special was the poet and the pendulum, it's a really weird song, because there is that slow "emotive" parts which when listening the first times i did get bored.. but the "heavy" part always gives me chicken skin

when i started to "grow up" when imaginareum was annouced i pre-ordered a limited edition box (it was limited to 1000 orders IIRC) but the album was so different from the older songs, i mean, i don't think its awfull, but its just my "own nightwish trend" was dying, the album was not what i expected..
i got the box shoved off in the storage abandoned for years lol i wanted to get rid of it but i don't have idea of the price of it..
but heh, if i go listen the older songs, yeah it's still gives me chills but i moved to another type of music

Stephano

pessimism = Realism
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i used to be a fan, really liked them, and i still do, but i would listen to them non stop, my favorite song changed a lot of times, my first favorite was wish i had an angel, but maybe i listened to much and after listening the older albuns, heh that song doesn't appeal me anymore

one of the songs that i always found special was the poet and the pendulum, it's a really weird song, because there is that slow "emotive" parts which when listening the first times i did get bored.. but the "heavy" part always gives me chicken skin

when i started to "grow up" when imaginareum was annouced i pre-ordered a limited edition box (it was limited to 1000 orders IIRC) but the album was so different from the older songs, i mean, i don't think its awfull, but its just my "own nightwish trend" was dying, the album was not what i expected..
i got the box shoved off in the storage abandoned for years lol i wanted to get rid of it but i don't have idea of the price of it..
but heh, if i go listen the older songs, yeah it's still gives me chills but i moved to another type of music
The Poet and the Pendulum is actually my favorite song by them. I'm a sucker for long songs because most of the time the content inside them is all over the place. When i tell people about that song, i usually say, "Oh ya, its 13 minutes long and split into 5 parts that are all completely different but come together to tell a story." I also love telling people how that particular song was written. It's literally the song that saved Tuomas' life from suicide which is a pretty cool thing! By ya, i love that song.

It's sad to here you don't enjoy Imaginearum as much. Now that you mention it, it is pretty different than DPP and Albums with Tarja. I guess i like it because its whimsical and references fairy tales. Plus you get to here the Uilleann pipes a lot more. When i first heard them in "Last of the Wilds," i couldn't help but smile obsessive because of how different and epic it was.

Stephano

pessimism = Realism
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Beauty of the beast!
Best score they ever produced!

I stopped listening to them in '07 ish ;/
I don't remember that one. I'll listen to it now!
I have yet to listen to their new Album they released in 2015. When new albums come out from anyone, i get anxious and worried that i won't like it.

DinohScene

Gay twink catboy
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
I don't remember that one. I'll listen to it now!
I have yet to listen to their new Album they released in 2015. When new albums come out from anyone, i get anxious and worried that i won't like it.

I'm much much more Post-hardcore tho.
Tho I heavily prefer late 00's early 10's

Reactions: Stephano

erikas

Trophies
XP
Country
Idk if this is a controvertial opinnion, but "Endless Forms Most Beautiful" is my favourite album, and I've been a Nightwish fan since 2004.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    NinStar @ NinStar: It will actually make it worse