1. Darksabre72

OP Darksabre72 Blue Falcon

United States
    any news with the xbox one or are people waiting for the series x?

2. MrCokeacola

MrCokeacola Xbox Connoisseur

Canada
    This, the "scene" is just the indie dev scene. A used model 1 Xbox One can be found for under 100 bucks. So it's not such a bad deal to have a dev console for Retro Arc, etc and a stock console for online.

3. digipimp75

digipimp75 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    It's been over 6 years and nothing. Dev mode doesn't count... I'm talking about full system exploit. The scene is non-existent.

Mascondante likes this.
  4. nicolasotto

nicolasotto Member
    Newcomer

Argentina
    s there any chance that something will come out when the new generation of consoles is sold on the market, that is, Xbox One Series?

5. IP60

IP60 GBAtemp Fan

Canada
    no xbox one exclusives so no one cares

end of story

Last edited by IP60, Feb 29, 2020
  6. simbin

simbin GBAtemp Fan

United States
    Everyone gave up because Xbox One is impenetrable. No one has the skills to break through.

MrCokeacola likes this.
  7. godreborn

godreborn GBAtemp Guru

United States
    it's probably the fact that you have dev mode as to why there's been little if any progress or motivation. the ps3, for example, hackers didn't get serious about it 'til they removed other os. that in turn pissed them off. geohot has said that hacking the ps3 only took 5 weeks. and, the full hack would've been released within days of the initial hack if not for lawsuits. that's from marcan of team fail0verflow.

Last edited by godreborn, Feb 29, 2020
    MrCokeacola likes this.
  8. nicolasotto

nicolasotto Member
    Newcomer

Argentina
    I think that if there is ever any kind of hacking or way of playing games like the rgh system of the Xbox 360, it would be when the Xbox One will no longer feature games. As I understand the team xecuter members were those who hacked the xbox 360 in their day, currently they are dedicated to the nintendo switch so it seems to me that they will not give importance to hacking a console like the xbox one that is already arriving at the end of its life cycle. Maybe those developers are interested in xbox series x.

9. godreborn

godreborn GBAtemp Guru

United States
    afaik, team xecuter didn't create the rgh hack. I forgot who did, cuz I used to think they did as well.

nicolasotto likes this.
  10. nicolasotto

nicolasotto Member
    Newcomer

Argentina
    I understand, I thought they had created it. It is true that with the microsoft policy that the games of the Xbox One and PC coming out simultaneously, and with the ease of PC games being hacked in a matter of hours or weeks, in terms of Xbox One games only the halo 5 guardians would remain interesting or exclusive if I'm not mistaken.

11. aadz93

aadz93 Hypavisah

United States
    dev mode provides enough for home-brew enthusiasts (running emulators and custom games/applications), and since you can side load such things, actually needing to bypass drm and security would be only for piracy, modding, and running alternative operating systems; linux and windows would be possible since it's x86-64 based, really the one thing i can think actually running linux or windows would be useful would be to use the xbox one as a hdmi recording and editing rig, possibly real-time video editing, but it's really down to no interest, legal issues, and cost, its not cheap when you break a xbox trying to reverse engineer it and now have to buy another one (few) , plus the equipment one would want isn't cheap either, that's why the past most console were hacked by people in college as part of a research project, where at a university they'd have easier and cheaper (well minus tuition) access to the expensive and good tools, or by a company who will profit from the exploit/hack *cough*team-xecuter*cough*

p.s it's interesting that team-xecuter started as a xbox hacking group selling products for the original xbox and 360, (Rocking the xbox since 2002 used to be their motto), and they went straight to switch hacking after the 360.

Rgh was not made by tx but by gligli

Last edited by aadz93, Mar 16, 2020
    DinohScene likes this.
  12. nicolasotto

nicolasotto Member
    Newcomer

Argentina
    I think the xbox one would be one of the few consoles that has not been hacked and surely it never will be, maybe I'm wrong. But at this point in the generation (already ending) and with the imminent release to the market of the new xbox series x, and with one of its greatest virtues is retrocompatibility, it seems to me that new hackers do have an interest in hacking something serious the new generation for being the current and the future, arouses greater interest. In addition, with the backward compatibility with the new microsoft console, you can play the games of the xbox one, therefore I do not see much motivation in hacking the xbox one.

Draft saved Draft deleted

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - scene,