1. Darksabre72

OP Darksabre72 Blue Falcon

United States
    is there any news on new/updated emulators, new save data modding applications, or jailbreaks for this console?

2. tech3475

tech3475 GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

The most I've heard hack wise was for an older version of the OS some time ago.

I suspect either the OS is secure enough and/or there's a lack of motivation to hack it (especially as it has the Debug mode, similar to the PS3 with Linux).

3. CMDreamer

CMDreamer GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Mexico
    I think is there's not that much interest on hacking it.

Even less considering that PS4 is open wide and most games exist on both platforms.

4. hugofthunder

hugofthunder Advanced Member
    Newcomer

Philippines
    I think the Xbox One will be hacked soon, and we'll just all be surprised when it comes. Xbox One X offers the best third party experience out of the current consoles and the backward compatibility is huge. I have an OG and a 360 and not needing to use open them anymore would be awesome.

CaptainSodaPop and Darksabre72 like this.
  5. Darksabre72

United States
    i hope something comes out for it sadly nothing yet

6. IP60

IP60 GBAtemp Fan

Canada
    lack of exclusives means lack of interest in xbox one hack

Darksabre72 likes this.
  7. Viri

Viri GBAtemp Addict

United States
    There's pretty much only one exclusive I'd ever buy an Xbone for, and that's the Master Chief collection. There aren't any other exclusive on the Xbone that I care about, and most games on there, I'd just play on PC.

8. IP60

IP60 GBAtemp Fan

Canada
    Not even a exclusive I guess if you still wanna play Halo 2 online thats the only way.

Sunset Overdrive and Halo 5 are the only true Xbox One exclusives I can think of. Rare Replay and Halo MCC are just ports of old games.

Last edited by IP60, Apr 14, 2018
  9. simbin

simbin GBAtemp Fan

United States
    I'd like someone to rip the back compat emulator.. imagine all those glorious Enhanced 4K XBOX/XBOX 360 games on your PC :)

10. CaptainSodaPop

CaptainSodaPop GBAtemp Regular

Croatia
    While I can't agree that it will get hacked soon because we already have dev mode subscription (which is awesome from Microsoft btw.) for homebrew, and great game sharing features that make backups kinda pointless, I totally agree with the rest that you've wrote. XO was so underrated, and I still feel like it's the same even though XOX has much more potential now. But that's a bit off the topic now, just wanted to acknowledge your opinion. :) What you think, may happen, but not so soon because there's not enough motivation for it. I remember seeing a really simple hardware mod with soldering a 3 way switch to certain points on the motherboard (standard XO) which stops the disc of the game installed, and you can eject it and play the game as much as you like after as long as you don't want to play another game. I think you'll need to repeat the process with the disc then. Also not sure if this requires a certain version of the dashboard or does it kill Live. Too lazy to watch videos again but here it is.

TeamScriptKiddies likes this.
  11. isamudyson

isamudyson Member
    Newcomer

Iceland
    Argh!!!!! I still can't wait for getting a xbox....Ages ago i swore i wouldn't buy a non-hacked device....but MS possessed me recently and i barely helped myself from buying a XBONE....
    Dear Santa hacker, would you be pleased enough to bring me some miracle ?
    I remembered some precious era when chips were soldered so easily, when with a tiny 512Mb usb stuff, you were the king of the world !!!!!
    Just a message for healing my agony !!!!!
    As said in France, que foutez-vous !!!! Hurry up !!!!

12. dominater01

dominater01 GBAtemp Maniac

United States
    news from libretro website

Direct3D-powered libretro cores are now possible!
    This feature is easily worth its own article, but since we already covered this before and because 1.7.2 has so many huge features, we will relegate this to a side note. Nevertheless, it is none the less important.

Up until now, if you wanted to use hardware-accelerated 3D rendering in a libretro core, your options were OpenGL and/or Vulkan. There is now a third option – Direct3D 11, and the first libretro core that supports this is the PPSSPP core!

With all these features, we now have everything in place to really do an UWP version of RetroArch justice.

13. RealLatias

RealLatias GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Nothing big yet, and probably won't be any soon, there has been some effort, but almost no public releases or announcements regarding the XBO.

14. dominater01

United States
    well with all things it'll take time before anyone does anything to help the "scene" out

15. Darksabre72

United States
    well atleast psp emulators are getting support for the xbone one

16. dominater01

United States
    barely the fixes that have been added dont even fix the big crashes and stuff even that needs work and the main dev isnt working on it that much because he doesnt have an xbox one

17. CMDreamer

CMDreamer GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Mexico
    There's not that much interest on hacking a personal computer on a console's disguise... Even less when most (if not all) their games are available to play on a real personal computer.

18. leonmagnus99

leonmagnus99 GBAtemp Psycho!

United States
    what is an xbox one !? jkjk just never been a fan of the microsoft console..
    i shall yt it (them games on the xbone that is..) wonder whats exclusive on it, i do love the controllers they make..

edit: oh yes there was an exclusive rpg title upcoming for it and it looked quite amazing, but.. was cancelled.

19. cracker

cracker Nyah!

United States
    MS really played their cards right with the developer program. Being able to side-load apps like emulators has made a big difference in hackers who only want homebrew not bothering, I believe. I'm sure there would have been something more than cloned systems that couldn't ever be connected if this wasn't the case.

MrCokeacola likes this.
  20. Joom

Joom  ❤❤❤

United States
    The backward compatibility ports aren't all "enhanced". A lot of the OG Xbox ports are still in 480p (Conker: Live and Reloaded being an example), and feel like they were rushed out just to pander to the nostalgic demographic. Also, why would you even want them on a PC if they're capped to run on Xbone hardware?

Draft saved Draft deleted

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - scene,