Any news about Wii DVD/media player in Wii mode?

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by TonyCool, May 11, 2008.

1. TonyCool
    OP

TonyCool GBAtemp Fan

May 19, 2003
    Hi y'all.
    There's an old Wii DVD player, that runs on GC mode, and must be burn in a DVD and then "swap" disk. Anyone knows about if there's a DVD/media Player "channel"?

What I (and a lot of people) want is a DVD player that runs on Wii mode (with Wiimote support), and MP3/video files suppor via front sd card. Is it there anything available?

Old DVD player can be run from homebrew channel?

2. berlinka

berlinka You have sustained a lethal injury.

Jul 31, 2003
    Netherlands
    Harderwijk, Netherlands
    Yeah I especially would like to see the last bit, VIDEO PLAYBACK on SD. And especially Avi would be groovy. Damn it would be so cool to watch a downloaded movie on my telly [​IMG]

3. st40611

st40611 Member

Newcomer
    Oct 31, 2006
    The MFE Media Player can load pretty much most of the common AVIs (DivX, XviD, etc..) and MP3s on your Wii through Front-end SD support. The menu is pretty slick too.

4. bubbleboy

bubbleboy GBAtemp Regular

Mar 2, 2008
    United States
    I don't know if you're being sarcastic, but a DIVX compatible DVD player costs about $40.. with SD slot and USB slot from which to play AVIs. [​IMG]

5. oligore

oligore Member

Newcomer
    Dec 19, 2006
    New Zealand
    There's something called midia player which is a port of XBMC for wii but I think it's still in alpha testing

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice