any news about new chips or freeloader ?

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by Youkai, May 22, 2007.

May 22, 2007
  1. Youkai
    OP

Member Youkai Demon

Germany
    hi,

i would like to know if there are any news about new chips that may come out this year or about a freeloader for the Wii ?

i mainly bought the Wii because i was misinformed about it being Region free and about some VC games being for free, and now i cannot play any Japanese games (wanted to play Naruto [​IMG] ) and no VC games (way to expensive) and since there is no good mod chip i am pretty pissed ... so if there is anything that will get my hopes up again plz tell me

2. corbs132

Member corbs132 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    wiikey.

3. robi

Member robi GBAtemp Regular

France
    I must be in the future because I already have a wiikey :\

4. Youkai
    OP

Member Youkai Demon

Germany
    since when is that thing 100% region free ? ... i alway read that Naturo as example does not work ... not even with that region free patcher ....

and in that GBATemp Wiki it says that there is barely no Japanese game that works on Pal Wii with Wiikey not even with the use of those region free patcher

5. zosh

Newcomer zosh Advanced Member

Having the games patched, either by patching the ISO or on-the-fly using a mod chip, does not necessarily mean they will work in a different region. Region patching cannot overcome the hardware differences in different region's consoles. Whether or not a game will work in a different region is entirely dependent on its programming.

6. Harsky

Member Harsky Madmin

United Kingdom
    Who wants to bet on a "proper" Wii modchip coming out before the end of this year? The first generation of DS flashcarts came out maybe under a year of the DS being released but really I can still remember the discussions where people said, "OMG, IT'S GOT AN SD CARD/USB PORT. HACKING WILL BE NO PROBLEM"

7. Hooya

Member Hooya GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

United States
    Most of the people saying that had absolutely no idea how to hack a console. I wouldn't think we'll have a proper mod before year's end. They did some good encrypting with this system, even after someone breaks that there still needs to be software written which could also take a lot of time.