Hacking Any new ways to get device ID for patched switches?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ondrashek06

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Czech Republic
The mkey generator site says that the ID can be derived from fuses, and the burnt fuses can be derived from installed FW.

Yet, I still cannot figure out a way to actually GET the ID without hacking the Switch, which will never apparently be possible on patched switches without soldering.

Someone has a new way? I sure as hell ain't making an INTERNATIONAL call for $4/min to Nintendo just to get a 6 digit number to unlock a Switch.

I WON'T BE GETTING AN UNPATCHED SWITCH OR SOLDERING A CHIP. THE SWITCH IS A FAMILY SWITCH AND IS THE ONLY SWITCH WE'RE EVER GETTING.

Ondrashek06

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Czech Republic
short answer no, long answer nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
Then how does Nintendo get the key from the inquiry number and the SERIAL, not the ID? There has to be a way to calculate ID from the serial.

Ondrashek06

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Czech Republic
What are you even wanting?
To use the mkey generator site for patched switches. I have a 12.0.2 patched, and the site won't give me the key without inputting a "device ID", which requires hacks, which requires an unpatched switch.

Has the Switch battery lot number been looked into, if it could have relations with the device ID?
Mine is BHACHZZADN614221001676 for example.

Last edited by Ondrashek06,

linkinworm

Trophies
XP
Country
Then how does Nintendo get the key from the inquiry number and the SERIAL, not the ID? There has to be a way to calculate ID from the serial.
Because they changed how the key is derived. Simply put Nintendo only really knows how to use the enquiry key and due to these changes the end user can't easily find it. Before it was like looking up a list of numbers and comparing them against an input. Now it requires more data that is per device to work out the key, and as we really have no way to find one set of data from a user perspective we can't have tools to work it out

Ondrashek06

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Czech Republic
They probably have a database of every Switch produced including the serial number, device ID, edition/color and so on. Which we can't get access to.
But what's even the point of the device ID if it's ONLY and EXCLUSIVELY obtainable via hacking the switch? If I already have a HACKED switch, I would just reset the parental controls via modding.

As I said, there could be a way to derive the ID from the battery lot number.

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
But what's even the point of the device ID if it's ONLY and EXCLUSIVELY obtainable via hacking the switch? If I already have a HACKED switch, I would just reset the parental controls via modding.

As I said, there could be a way to derive the ID from the battery lot number.
I dunno, I guess it's one of the identifiers used for online communication so Nintendo can tell the consoles apart. So then it makes sense why that would also be used for parental controls as that works via online communication as well.

The battery is unlikely to be tied to the console in any way. Also, lot number just identifies a specific batch from a specific week/month/year, it's not an unique ID.

Last edited by The Real Jdbye,

Ondrashek06

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Czech Republic
The battery is unlikely to be tied to the console in any way. Also, lot number just identifies a specific batch from a specific week/month/year, it's not an unique ID.
The 50 cents for unlock service isn't available for XKJ serials, only XKW.

That means I'd have to pay $4/min for an international call to call Nintendo and spell out the entire serial and inquiry number. Do you think that's fair?

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
The 50 cents for unlock service isn't available for XKJ serials, only XKW.

That means I'd have to pay $4/min for an international call to call Nintendo and spell out the entire serial and inquiry number. Do you think that's fair?
Complain to your carrier for overcharging for international calls. That's not Nintendo's fault.

Ondrashek06

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Czech Republic
Complain to your carrier for overcharging for international calls. That's not Nintendo's fault.
It IS Nintendo's fault for not offering good customer service here. The only support email listed on the official Nintendo site for my country, www.mojenintendo.cz, *goes to only 1 person* which responds after a week or two. When we had a problem with my Switch being locked, we managed to brute force the PIN before they sent us the key.
Plus, it isn't even Nintendo support, it's support for a company called ConQuest that is only authorized to distribute Nintendo consoles and nothing else. When we sent our broken-out-of-the-box joy-cons to them for repair, they only stated that "the damage done was mechanical and you'll need to shell out for a repair, even though you have warranty". Like, that isn't even fair.

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
To use the mkey generator site for patched switches. I have a 12.0.2 patched, and the site won't give me the key without inputting a "device ID", which requires hacks, which requires an unpatched switch.

Has the Switch battery lot number been looked into, if it could have relations with the device ID?
Mine is BHACHZZADN614221001676 for example.

Doesn't matter at this point as your firmware isn't support anyway, regardless if you able to obtain your device id at the moment. Since you have a patched unit, you have to resort to SX modchip.

Ondrashek06

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Czech Republic
Then you not going have not much of an options, the scene are not really looking for exploitable bug to load CFW, if you can't solder you can hire someone to solder for you.
It's a FAMILY switch, and my whole family would kill me if I fucked it up.

linuxares

The inadequate, autocratic beast!
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
I guess your only option at the moment is to contact Nintendo. Use a VOIP and prepay some in to it.

Ondrashek06

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Czech Republic
I guess your only option at the moment is to contact Nintendo. Use a VOIP and prepay some in to it.
I got an idea though... I GOT a master key from Nintendo once. If you can calculate the key from the device ID & inquiry number, can't you reversely calculate the device ID from the inquiry number & master key?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: https://gbatemp.net/profile-posts/163064/