Hacking Any new Japan games with 9.x firmware

andre104623

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Anyone seen a game with a update over 8.1 but under 9.3 I found that the japan version of Zelda MM 3d has 9.4 I posted it last week. I need to get off 8.1J

Yes I know of 3ds.essh.co but there not up to date

Reactions: Margen67

cearp

瓜老外
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Tuvalu
Anyone seen a game with a update over 8.1 but under 9.3 I found that the japan version of Zelda MM 3d has 9.4 I posted it last week. I need to get off 8.1J

Yes I know of 3ds.essh.co but there not up to date

but targeting your reason, not your question, but do you want to find a card that has a 9.x update?
are you worried because you have a 8.1 jpn 3ds, and want to use the internet browser?
if you update to 9.x with a cart you will still not have the internet browser :)

JP MM3D is not on there yet.

well it is there just not version number, but if europe is 7.0, and usa is 7.0, i think japan will be 7.0 too... right? :)

daxtsu

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
As long as it's not known yet, there's a chance!

Eh, I'm not gonna kid myself, you're probably right.

eShop, browser, etc., updates have not yet been included with any game cart updates, so it's unlikely they would start now. What we need is either a way to install signed CIAs (in order to update firmware/install the browser) or for Gateway to finally release (or I guess for someone to try using download play with a Japanese 3DS on 9.2.0-20 to see if it updates the browser, but from what I've heard, DLP only updates "core" stuff like game carts).

Click This

Surgite!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
eShop, browser, etc., updates have not yet been included with any game cart updates, so it's unlikely they would start now. What we need is either a way to install signed CIAs (in order to update firmware/install the browser) or for Gateway to finally release (or I guess for someone to try using download play with a Japanese 3DS on 9.2.0-20 to see if it updates the browser, but from what I've heard, DLP only updates "core" stuff like game carts).

IIRC download play only gets the update from the game cart, so the same issue you just described probably would happen as well.

cearp

瓜老外
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Tuvalu

that reminds me, i was going to play with adding the internet browser (or any legit cia) to the update partition and see if it would work, i guess it would.
(so, load up that edited .3ds file with gw, and use it to dlp update to the target 3ds)

daxtsu

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
that reminds me, i was going to play with adding the internet browser (or any legit cia) to the update partition and see if it would work, i guess it would.
(so, load up that edited .3ds file with gw, and use it to dlp update to the target 3ds)

That would be quite interesting if it worked.

andre104623

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
but targeting your reason, not your question, but do you want to find a card that has a 9.x update?
are you worried because you have a 8.1 jpn 3ds, and want to use the internet browser?
if you update to 9.x with a cart you will still not have the internet browser :)

well it is there just not version number, but if europe is 7.0, and usa is 7.0, i think japan will be 7.0 too... right? :)
I'm worried that gateway might not support 8.1 and...
20150215_085010.jpg

No it comes with 9.4

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars:
    Speaking of PLaystation. I see Evilnat put out a beta for PS3 CFW 4.91.2 on the 22nd.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Don't really see the point in updating it tbh
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yea you right, I thought about updating my PS3 CFW to 4.91, but why really, everything plays fine now. I guess for people that have already updated past 4.9 it would be helpful.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Idk if online servers are still active that would be my only thought
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Thats true, personally I don't play it online at all, in fact, I deleted all wifi details on it once I installed CFW, so it won't connect and auto-update itself
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I play most games that are on both PS3/360 strickly on the 360, but PS3 exclusives are really only games I play on the PS3 (You know me, I'm more of a Xbox junkie)
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Ps3 really has no titles worth going online
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    what is nps?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @K3Nv2, what about GTA v onl... O Yea the PS3 versión got discontinued
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I feel like the world's cheapest pc build can play gtaV
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    In modern standards
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @K3Nv2, then why mine can't?
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    @K3Nv2 What is nps you mentioned?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Because your pc has a hamster innit
    +3
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    R.I.P. LittleBigPlanet PS3 servers
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    LBP2 still the goat tho
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    That can be played on ps5 iirc
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I'm surprised any PS3 servers are still up, tbh
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Alot of manufactures do care about older consoles they just want to whine about piracy
    +2
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    @BigOnYa I had 4.89 hfw on super slim that was great, but when I got a new hard disk I forgot where the guide was and could only find a guide for 4.90 and its resources
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    @BigOnYa I think another reason to want to update is if the hfw is at the level of the fw
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    you can sync trophies
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yea that's what I sitting on now- 4.9, and it seems fine, have had no issues at all
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    I don't know if people play online or such
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    My ps3 short circuited during a deep clean still salty about it after downloading 2tbs worth but SteamDeck okay with emulation still just can't run mgs4 worth shit
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: My ps3 short circuited during a deep clean still salty about it after downloading 2tbs worth but...