Hacking Any Molecule's boot logo disabler for enso v5.1 mirrors?

OnceSetCannotBeChanged

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
All over the internet, there are only v5 and lower versions, but it seems like v5.1 is the latest one. And yes, everyone could just use enso ex but should you really? Accidents happen, and brick it is.

So, if anyone has v5.1 (or even higher who knows) lying arround, please share, this useful piece of software has to be conserved, who wouldn't like to have the Molecule logo only in recovery mode...

OnceSetCannotBeChanged

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
People can’t read and tell the difference between 3.60 and 3.65 and were installing the wrong version causing their Vita to get bricked.
And that is all what could cause a bricked vita? How can one be able to hack a vita, install enso, but not know what version he is on at the same time... So what was new in v5.1, any important bug fixes, or is v5 save to use? (using the right version on the right firmware)

DocKlokMan

Plugin Dev
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
And that is all what could cause a bricked vita? How can one be able to hack a vita, install enso, but not know what version he is on at the same time... So what was new in v5.1, any important bug fixes, or is v5 save to use? (using the right version on the right firmware)
When Enso 3.65 first came out you needed to do this thing where you downgraded to 3.60, then installed 3.65 Enso on top of 3.60 using https://github.com/TheOfficialFloW/update365. You couldn't install Enso directly on 3.65 at the time. I'll call this Enso 3.65 v1. Sometime later new exploits came out and you could install Enso on 3.65 directly without having to upgrade from 3.60 first using https://github.com/TheOfficialFloW/enso. I'll call this Enso v2.

Prior to Boot Logo Disabler 5.1, only v1 Enso 3.65 was supported and v2 was not. 5.1 added v2 support. So if you were on of the ones who installed Enso directly on 3.65 without upgrading from 3.60 first, then you'd need 5.1. Otherwise 5.0 would work.

Back when I was trying to remove the logo on my friend's Enso 3.65 v2 I could not find a version of 5.1, so I took an alternative approach. I downloaded the https://github.com/TheOfficialFloW/enso source code, removed the custom logo patching from second.c and then compiled a new fat.bin file. I then replaced the fat.bin that came with the official installer with my own custom one and then re-installed enso 3.65 and it removed the logo.

OnceSetCannotBeChanged

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Prior to Boot Logo Disabler 5.1, only v1 Enso 3.65 was supported and v2 was not. 5.1 added v2 support. So if you were on of the ones who installed Enso directly on 3.65 without upgrading from 3.60 first, then you'd need 5.1. Otherwise 5.0 would work.

Back when I was trying to remove the logo on my friend's Enso 3.65 v2 I could not find a version of 5.1, so I took an alternative approach. I downloaded the https://github.com/TheOfficialFloW/enso source code, removed the custom logo patching from second.c and then compiled a new fat.bin file. I then replaced the fat.bin that came with the official installer with my own custom one and then re-installed enso 3.65 and it removed the logo.
Impressive knowledge, I must say. I will concider your custom installer solution If there is no v5.1 to be found soon. All that for a drop of PS logo... damn perfectionism.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Don't use it, I removed it for a reason.
Or maybe the creator himself makes v5.1 public again, but pointing out really good that there are seperate versions for 3.65 and 3.60, perhaps just for the time he is working on his new enso ex version...

OnceSetCannotBeChanged

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I downloaded the https://github.com/TheOfficialFloW/enso source code, removed the custom logo patching from second.c and then compiled a new fat.bin file. I then replaced the fat.bin that came with the official installer with my own custom one and then re-installed enso 3.65 and it removed the logo.
What lines have you disabled or removed in second.c ? v5.1 is still nowhere to be found, and I really don't want to mess with the newest enso ex either.

DocKlokMan

Plugin Dev
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

OnceSetCannotBeChanged

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany

DeadOneWalking

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
People can’t read and tell the difference between 3.60 and 3.65 and were installing the wrong version causing their Vita to get bricked.
I know I'm late to this, but that's just sad. Someone who goes and hacks there Vita, and doesn't know what version of the system they are using shouldn't be doing this stuff IMO.
Get someone else to do it for them who knows what's going on.
I got those lovely modifiers backed up, but I won't distribute them because of this stuff.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I know I'm late to this, but that's just sad. Someone who goes and hacks there Vita, and doesn't know what version of the system they are using shouldn't be doing this stuff IMO.
Get someone else to do it for them who knows what's going on.
I got those lovely modifiers backed up, but I won't distribute them because of this stuff.

it's like the o3ds and n3ds cia to downgrade for a9lh all over again. I think one of the apps or plugins creates a custom splash folder on ux0. that might be the safest without actually changing the boot logo, but I've heard the molecule logo will appear for a split second regardless, since it's not fast enough to replace it completely.

iCantThinkOfaName

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
It works, thank you! Gonna change the health/ safety warning text now, which is a much more classy and not too obvious reminder that the vita is hacked, in my opinion.

Could you be so kind as to provide me with an idiots guide on how to do this myself? (Edit the code, compile the bin and vpk)?

or better yet send me the VPK with the aforementioned modifications? I too am a perfectionist and would love to get rid of the ugly molecule logo, thanks in advance!

toxic9

Trophies
XP
Country
can anyone provide a 5.1 mirror and/or the enso.vpk patched?
does the 5.1 contains two files for 3.60 and 3.65 version? Of a single one for both versions?
does anyone know if 5.1 version makes any modification to ur0:tai/boot_config.txt ???

thanks

toxic9

Trophies
XP
Country
Edit:
I found a mirror and I used it at my own risk!
It worked!

I uploaded the 5.1 version here.
If anyone want to try it, be careful as it can brick your device if not used correctly.
There are two versions: 3.60 and 3.65.
Be aware!

Attachments

• ecblm.zip
    155.4 KB · Views: 197
Last edited by toxic9,
  • Wow
Reactions: chronoss

DocKlokMan

Plugin Dev
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Would you be able to do a step by step guide on how to do this?
It’s been a while and setting up the build environment for Vita apps isn’t something I have time for but the post right above yours has the 5.1 file that the thread was started about. Just make sure you use the correct version (3.60 or 3.65 based on what’s listed in your Vita’s System Info screen).

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Look at you holding tiny things