1. OnceSetCannotBeChanged

Newcomer

Germany
    All over the internet, there are only v5 and lower versions, but it seems like v5.1 is the latest one. And yes, everyone could just use enso ex but should you really? Accidents happen, and brick it is.

So, if anyone has v5.1 (or even higher who knows) lying arround, please share, this useful piece of software has to be conserved, who wouldn't like to have the Molecule logo only in recovery mode...

2. SKGleba

SKGleba O ja pierdole!

Poland
    Don't use it, I removed it for a reason.

peteruk likes this.
  3. OnceSetCannotBeChanged

Newcomer

Germany
    Ok, for what reason though?

4. Ryccardo

Ryccardo and his tropane alkaloids

Italy
    Yes, that's what I did (after reading and understanding the instructions) and had no problems :)

5. AnalogMan

AnalogMan ultraSuMoFramework Dev

United States
    People can’t read and tell the difference between 3.60 and 3.65 and were installing the wrong version causing their Vita to get bricked.

Last edited by AnalogMan, Feb 6, 2020
  6. OnceSetCannotBeChanged

Newcomer

Germany
    And that is all what could cause a bricked vita? How can one be able to hack a vita, install enso, but not know what version he is on at the same time... So what was new in v5.1, any important bug fixes, or is v5 save to use? (using the right version on the right firmware)

7. AnalogMan

United States
    When Enso 3.65 first came out you needed to do this thing where you downgraded to 3.60, then installed 3.65 Enso on top of 3.60 using https://github.com/TheOfficialFloW/update365. You couldn't install Enso directly on 3.65 at the time. I'll call this Enso 3.65 v1. Sometime later new exploits came out and you could install Enso on 3.65 directly without having to upgrade from 3.60 first using https://github.com/TheOfficialFloW/enso. I'll call this Enso v2.

Prior to Boot Logo Disabler 5.1, only v1 Enso 3.65 was supported and v2 was not. 5.1 added v2 support. So if you were on of the ones who installed Enso directly on 3.65 without upgrading from 3.60 first, then you'd need 5.1. Otherwise 5.0 would work.

Back when I was trying to remove the logo on my friend's Enso 3.65 v2 I could not find a version of 5.1, so I took an alternative approach. I downloaded the https://github.com/TheOfficialFloW/enso source code, removed the custom logo patching from second.c and then compiled a new fat.bin file. I then replaced the fat.bin that came with the official installer with my own custom one and then re-installed enso 3.65 and it removed the logo.

8. OnceSetCannotBeChanged

Newcomer

Germany
    Impressive knowledge, I must say. I will concider your custom installer solution If there is no v5.1 to be found soon. All that for a drop of PS logo... damn perfectionism.

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

Or maybe the creator himself makes v5.1 public again, but pointing out really good that there are seperate versions for 3.65 and 3.60, perhaps just for the time he is working on his new enso ex version...

9. OnceSetCannotBeChanged

Newcomer

Germany
    What lines have you disabled or removed in second.c ? v5.1 is still nowhere to be found, and I really don't want to mess with the newest enso ex either.

10. AnalogMan

United States
    Last edited by AnalogMan, Feb 25, 2020
  11. OnceSetCannotBeChanged

Newcomer

Germany
    AnalogMan likes this.
  12. AnalogMan

United States
    There’s a plug-in to do exactly that. Reads from a TXT file. I have “Property of (my name)” and my phone number in case I lose it.
    https://github.com/TheOfficialFloW/VitaTweaks/releases/tag/CustomWarning

13. OnceSetCannotBeChanged

Newcomer

Germany
    Yup, I already looked it up, or shuld I say, Autoplugin did. But thats quite smart, to put the owners information there.

Draft saved Draft deleted

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - Molecules, disabler, mirrors