any martial artists here?

Discussion in 'General Off-Topic Chat' started by test84, Aug 3, 2007.

Aug 3, 2007

any martial artists here? by test84 at 12:30 AM (908 Views / 0 Likes) 9 replies

1. test84
    OP

Member test84 GBAtemp's last ninja 2.

Iran
    Osu,
    one of my weaknesses during my Kyokushin classes was the height i would kick and i sucked at it and i tried but couldnt even reach the chest properly.
    so if there is any martial artists here that want to share some exercises, i apprecitae it.

Doumo Arigato Gozaimashta.

2. iTech

Member iTech GBAtemp Regular

United States

Daily stretching is not just good for the muscles behind your zipper, it's also good for those in your calf.
    I'm sure you haven't being stretching enough if you can't kick high enough. Stretch five minutes daily for a month and you'll get there.

3. apb407

Member apb407 GBAtemp Fan

United States
    After you take a bath stretch everyday and believe me soon you will kick better

4. TrolleyDave

Former Staff TrolleyDave Philosolosophising

United Kingdom
    For proper stretching you need a partner. Depending on quickly you want to accelerate your training you should do light leg exercises to warm the muscles and stretch 1-3 times a day!

The best stretching method for height is to get someone to lift your leg til you feel it stretching and hold it there, then when you feel the stretch easing off lift it a little higher. Do this for 5-10 minutes. Within a month you'll be able to put your leg on his shoulder.

Once you can do that you should be able to left your leg to head height on it's own. Then just hold it there yourself for balance practise!

5. Taras

Member Taras I'm Not Hating, I'm Just Sayin'

United States
    I never understood high kicking. It's mostly for show unless someone is very good at kicking heads. It's more pratical to take out knees.

6. TrolleyDave

Former Staff TrolleyDave Philosolosophising

United Kingdom
    I agree but if you've got the speed most dumbasses can be taken out by a fast follow through kick to the skull.

7. Mewgia

Member Mewgia drifter

United States
    test84 what is up with you

This is like the 5th "Hay guize help me with my random hobby" thread you've made in as many days.

Not bashing you, just wondering [​IMG]

8. test84
    OP

Member test84 GBAtemp's last ninja 2.

Iran
    continue on your "wondering".

(they made "PM"s for theses types of posts, which is non-relevant to others and irrelevant to topic's subject).

9. deathfisaro

Member deathfisaro Narcistic Deathfisaro Fan

Canada
    There's one painful but quick way,
    Stretch your legs like ^ this shape, let someone sit on you.
    I know my friends who learned Tae-Kwon-Do did this hardcore way of ripping leg muscles to get better kicks.

I learn Capoeira and my main focus is to make kicks from both legs reach similar height.
    Low kick isn't as big problem as my left kick only reaching 70% of my right kicks height. If my opponent sees that I'm pretty much doomed because Capoeira is very kick heavy and I just made half my kicks useless.

10. Digeman

Member Digeman GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Sweden

Actually i think the threads are real interesting since i've always wondered how to do stuff like that but always been to lazy to look up or even ask [​IMG]
    Oh and nownow don't take things personally, here have a cookie....(damn there's no cookie smiley in here!! [​IMG] )....uhm....feel the wrath of mah BOXAH!! Q('.'Q) ........