Gaming Any luck running cheats in MGS:Peace Walker?

AC/DS

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Just curious to know if any of you guys can apply cheats in this game. I am on a PSP 3000 with 5.03 GEN-C and when I apply any single cheat from CWCheats, the game crashes instantly. It is the US version, for what it's worth.
I would like just "to fly" through the main story and see the ending, it's a wonderul game but I don't have time for mother base stuff, that's too much work for me.

AC/DS

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Sorry but I need to BUMP this.
Disabling KHBBS cheat does not work. I am now at the battle against the second tank and it's a massacre.
It's truly one gem of a game, but I still don't have time to grind to be able to beat the tank.
The cheats that are in the current version of the CWCHeat database do not work.
My PSP 3000 always crashes after applying them.
Could any kind person provide working cheats?

raing3

CNET_Richard
Trophies
XP
Country
@AC/DS & bloshengland

Are you running an untouched dump with only the required plugins active?

Where possible codes have been tested on
untouched scene release ISO images or UMD
discs. This is because patched, decrypted,
ripped, cracked, compressed or otherwise
altered ISO images often cause various areas
of RAM to shift and prevent codes from working.
Some plugins also cause this issue.

This problem is becoming more and more common
as newer games and newer patches are released
to combat the new protections and encryption
keys however it is always best practice to use
untouched dumps of games and a plugin such as
m33_620 or the Prometheus CFWs are always a
better choice to patching the ISO directly as they
are less likely to cause memory shifts then
patching the ISO.

Also try the cheats at http://cheats.gbatemp.net/forum/index.php?topic=4524.0. A few have been changed slightly since the last update but I have yet to test any of them.

If the cheats still fail please tell me the codes which do not work so I can remove them.

AC/DS

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
^^ I'm using a "decrypted" iso to be able to run on GEN-C 5.03, I think.
The only plugins active are CWCheat and popsloader (for running PSX games).
Could be that these cheats work better on a old-motherboard PSP (like a PSP 1000) because the new motherboards are not fully exploitable as far as running custom firmware is concerned? Anyway, thanks for the advice so far, I'll give it a shot later.

EDIT: Also, that link is off-limits for me.

AC/DS

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Raing3 thanks for those, amazing work!
Still, they send my PSP 3000 crashing and turning off, it must be an error on my side as you said.
I'll try to get a clean dump, which is becoming increasingly harder these days. If anyone knows some reliable link please let me know by PM.

EDIT: How the fuck do I get cheats from the Codejunkies page? I can see the MGS PW page but there are no codes to download or copy...

Lily

One Scary Lady
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
AC/DS said:
EDIT: How the fuck do I get cheats from the Codejunkies page? I can see the MGS PW page but there are no codes to download or copy...

You have to re-download the PSP Action Replay software every time they make an update. They don't provide the codes separately for it as they did with other Action Replays.

AC/DS

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Just a short update. I am now running a "clean" dump (what an oxymoron) through the Prometeus software, the game still crashes whichever codes I apply.
Seems there is no hope for us, PSP-3000 users. We simply have to beat the game without cheating.

IBNobody

I try to keep myself amused.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
AC/DS said:
Just a short update. I am now running a "clean" dump (what an oxymoron) through the Prometeus software, the game still crashes whichever codes I apply.
Seems there is no hope for us, PSP-3000 users. We simply have to beat the game without cheating.

For what it's worth, the tank mission is fairly easy to beat lethally. (Don't try non-lethal yet.) You just need a LAW, a supply marker, and (my favorite) the twin-barrel shotgun.

Easiest way to beat the tank is to wait for it to shoot a train car over. One train car gets knocked over around the mine entrance and the corner of the building. Camp out there. The tank can't hit you. Use the shotgun and auto aim to take out the soldiers. Once you kill them all, use the LAW on the tank until the captain pops out. Then use the LAW on him.

If you don't like grinding, don't worry. You can beat the game with 5 or 6 weapons. LAW, Carl Gustov, M22, Mosin Nagant, RPG7 (from a low Outer Ops), FIM (or XFIM from Outer Ops 5-8), and a machine gun with AP ammo. And the Shotgun. }:>

AC/DS

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
^^I want to thank you, your advice is really appreciated.
That battle was not really so hard, after all.

EDIT: Never mind, I beat the Pupa thing.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.timeextension.com/news/2024/04/new-konami-code-discovered-in-castlevania-game-25-year...