1. spoonman54321

OP spoonman54321 Advanced Member
    Newcomer

United States
    facts of my situation:

-I just installed the latest CFW (4.85.1) with Rebug, MultiMan, and Webman
    -I have two large external USB portable hard drives already, one FAT32 and one NTFS
    -I do not have a large internal drive on hand for my PS3
    -I have a full collection of US release PS1 games ALL of which are in .pbp format
    -I know the default PS1 launcher in the firmware will run bin/cue files, and iso files
    -I believe it will not run pbp files

Is there ANY way I can download some sort of launcher (similar to the PSP launcher) that will allow .pbp files to run on the PS3? I would much rather not convert every game individually I want to use on PS3.
    If there's absolutely no way for the .pbp format to run, is there a converter that exists that can be run from the PS3 itself where I could batch drop a bunch of .pbp files onto my external hard drive, then use the PS3 to convert the files?

Any help that isn't "just convert them all" would be extremely appreciated.

2. Necron

Necron Lurking~

Chile
    As far as I'm aware "just convert them all" is the only solution you've got. There are a couple of programs that can conver those files back to ps1 image files, but I'm not sure they can do batches.

3. spoonman54321

Newcomer

United States
    Crap. That's what all my googling turned up as well, I hoped someone here may have known more than I could find.

4. spoonman54321

Newcomer

United States
    So to follow up two questions-

1) Let's say I am converting everything I want to use one by one.... would you recommend converting to iso or to bin/cue?
    2) How exactly does the PS3's built in PS1 emulator/player handle multi disc PS1 games? (how to swap discs)

5. Magsor

Magsor I am watching you

Canada
    Pbp run nice in retroarch.

Draft saved Draft deleted

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - launcher, external, format