Hacking Any known PSP Go incompatible PSP games?

nl255

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
I was wondering if there are any known PSP games that are incompatible with the PSP Go? By that I mean actually incompatible, as in they won't run even with the latest CFW due to missing/different stuff in the firmware.

Coto

-
Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
Uhm, I'll blindly speak here but.. you should be able to play all games since they are designed to run under the PSP machine as whole. At least all games I've tried have worked successfully.

nl255

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Uhm, I'll blindly speak here but.. you should be able to play all games since they are designed to run under the PSP machine as whole. At least all games I've tried have worked successfully.

True, unless sony left out some prx files that are included in the regular PSP firmware specifically to break compatiblity with newer retail games (as they could always include those .prx files in the PSN versions). Not sure if sony was that smart though.

Coto

-
Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
I have this doubt too. The differences between kernels released by sony, are more than we all see, right? I mean newer modules, maybe fixes for older hardware?

It's weird, I have a PSP BRITE 3000 now, but when I had a PSP2000 (Full CFW TA088-V2) and used 5.00m33 the battery life was extended by 2 hours aprox (meaning 4 to 5 hours of gameplay on default CPU clock, on brightness 2) while using 6.xx or higher would drain my battery in about 2.5 to 4 hours of gameplay. Would this behavior be related to resources being used, by either CFW and/or OFW?

Mantis41

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you name a few games I can give them a try.

RE: Battery life, my go only lasts 3 or so hours but I tend to always play on full brightness with the sound cranked.

elgarta

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have had issues playing Final Fantasy 8 PSX rips and they worked fine on my old 1000, but I am going to guess that it is a problem with the CFW, not the system

Coto

-
Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
Uhmm well, final fantasy crisis core is one, Star Ocean Second Evolution too, even if the game uses 222mhz by default and some emus. MVSPSP which is a neo-geo emu on 500-m33 lasts longer at 300mhz and rasters effect on (smoother gameplay). But when I try it on any 6.xx FWs the battery life decreases faster on same settings.

SNES9Xtylme drains the same amout of battery in the same timeline span at 333mhz, much like GPSP at 333mhz

xist

ΚΑΤΑ ΤΟΝ ΔΑΙΜΟΝΑ ΕΑΥΤΟΥ
Trophies
XP
Country
Have you taken into account that the 3000 consumes battery faster than the 2000 because of the different screen? It was a common grumble when the 3000 was launched that it had less play time rather than more.

(And as an aside i don't know about it being a 6.xx firmware thing but my 1000 certainly feels like it gets more life from a single charge than my Go does.)

Coto

-
Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
No no. Those tests were while I had the 2000 TA088-V2. And battery life gets drained much faster on a 3000 on bright 2 or 3 (brand new original sony 1200mah battery)

Sloshy

Trophies
Website
piecesoflint.wordpress.com
XP
Country
United States
In my experience the only things that don't work on the Go are some specific versions of POPSloader and maybe some random homebrew/plugins. For example, I tried to get Digimon World 3 running using my own ripped ISO and all of the threads I've read discussing compatibility say to run it with 3.71 or something like that, but almost every early/middle-version of POPS won't work. You shouldn't have any trouble getting games to run, as compatibility without those versions is near perfect, but every once in a while you might find one or two games that have problems with later versions. That said, I did get the game to work using the really early versions of POPS but those require you use headphones to get sound for some reason.

Coto

-
Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
In my experience the only things that don't work on the Go are some specific versions of POPSloader and maybe some random homebrew/plugins. For example, I tried to get Digimon World 3 running using my own ripped ISO and all of the threads I've read discussing compatibility say to run it with 3.71 or something like that, but almost every early/middle-version of POPS won't work. You shouldn't have any trouble getting games to run, as compatibility without those versions is near perfect, but every once in a while you might find one or two games that have problems with later versions. That said, I did get the game to work using the really early versions of POPS but those require you use headphones to get sound for some reason.

Pops has specific PSX support per motherboard generation. (1g PSP phat) will work on just anything. 2g and 3g motherboards works nice (I had both of them and popsloader ran fine from 3.02 onwards, yay i'm lucky). 4g I believe 5.00 and up. And lastly 9g(psp go) working on 6.xx pops only. It's a matter of how Sony used the PSP hardware to translate PSX games (and those motherboards were improved/removed stuff/changed by every newly released motherboard generation

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/MddR6PTmGKg?si=mU2EO5hoE7XXSbSr