Gaming Any Japanese game recommendations?

Rabbits_Galore

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Are there any Japanese games that have never been translated in to English and probably never will? I like games like that. I don't really like puzzle games or horror, but games such as Kaitou rousseau, Utacchi, and some RP games.

Are there games that are really good and would be translated but it hasn't yet? Like Pokemon Ranger 3 and SMT : Strange Journey.

Suggestions would be nice, I've probably played all popular games but feel free to suggest some, I would appreciate it.

haflore

aeternaliter fluxa
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Check out Puyo Puyo 7, there's an English translation around here somewhere..
unsure.gif

By the way, Strange Journey has already been released in english
tongue.gif

Rabbits_Galore

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Oh, has it? I should download it.

I downloaded the Japanese version but I only understood as much as 60%, so I decided to not play it. ort

Njrg

Kinsoku Jikou Desu. ^.~
Banned
Trophies
Website
www.ds-scene.net
XP
Country
United States
Pretty much anything RPG in Japanese just isn't worth it.
Unfortunately there aren't just that many games in Japanese that are that fun without being able to read them.

Obviosly Jump Ultimate and Ouendans are on every one's minds.

Tales of Innocense will soon have an Eng patch.
Puyo Puyo 7 & 15th have Eng patches.
Soma Bringer has Eng patch.
Archaic Sealed Heat has Eng patch.

The Following are games that are pickup and play (And have fun) without know Japanese.

Jet Impulse
Taiko no Tasujin (There are 2 on DS)
Koisuru Purin Koi wa Daibouken Dr Kanmi no Yabou is a lovely Platformer(Rom # 4061)
Yatterman (There are 2 on DS) Basic Platformer.
Naruto Shippuuden Shinobi Retsuden III (Not really THAT fun)
And I'm sure Inazuma Eleven are with a taste.

For Koisuru Purin Koi wa Daibouken, don't be put off by its covor or that it appear to be a girl's game. It really is a fun game.

D

Deleted User

Daigasso! Band Brothers and its sequel Daigasso! Band Brothers DX
Awesome music game. You can play the different parts of a song with different instruments.
I'll let Wikipedia do the talking
QUOTE said:
It differs from other music and rhythm style games (such as Donkey Konga and Dance Dance Revolution) in that rather than playing a beat or pattern over a recording of the song, your playing is integrated into the song itself, a la beatmania. This also allows players to compose their own music and play it through the game's regular interface. There were plans to sell the game in the West under the title Jam with the Band, but it has not been officially announced and has no release date.

Hells Malice

Are you a bully?
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Candido1225 said:
Jump Ultimate Stars if your into anime and fighting games. Extremely fun plus it's got wifi!

Never got the praise for that game. It's just a terrible unfun weeaboo fanservice. The actual gameplay is so...bad.
Then again you DID state 'if you're into anime'.

---
Soma Bringer - has an english translation, but limiting yourself in that respect is pointless anyways. It's a diablo-style game. Very fun with friends, decent solo.
Cross Treasures - it has a very minor english patch, but is a really fun game if you like dungeon crawling.
Tales of Innocence - probably going to be one of the best DS games IMO. Technically it's full japanese right now, but a full english patch IS coming in about a month. But once again, pointless to discriminate against games because they get english patches.

Not really much else I can think of. I haven't tried a whole lot of jap games that are still in japanese.

Rabbits_Galore

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Oh, thanks so much, everyone. I'll check them out.

Oh, and it'd be great if the suggestions kept on coming. Oh, I'm Japanese so I understand the language fairly well - SMT : Strange Journey, that kind of Japanese I was a bit confused with.

choconado

Doesn't understand a damn thing on here
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
There's one of the games I frequently bring up: Kaijuu Busters. If I even had a guide to what the mission objectives were, there'd be zero need for a real translation. (which FYI doesn't exist). It's a Monster Hunter esque game where you play as a member of the Science Patrol from Ultraman, roaming the galaxy and um, busting monsters. You gather items to make better equipment, and the bosses are indeed Kaijuu as the title suggests. And you're a regular human. Yeah.

You can even unlock armor that looks like little cute Kaijuu outfits.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/@legolambs